• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time travel?

Almost nine years in the timeless space that is the ether of the internet!

Short answer: Yes; if the “laws” of physics are more than “guidelines “ , traveling backwards in time should be possible if you can decelerate quickly enough from a very very high speed (think Mach something or other).

However, that rapid of a deceleration would probably cause your aorta to sever from your heart, and that would kill you, also rapidly.

It’s been a while since I learned this. And I’ve moved forward through time at 60 seconds per minute. I believe it’s still true theoretically.

Attachments

• 6BB51EBA-4283-47E9-B268-6A22ED013467.jpeg
    6BB51EBA-4283-47E9-B268-6A22ED013467.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 64
Almost nine years in the timeless space that is the ether of the internet!

Short answer: Yes; if the “laws” of physics are more than “guidelines “ , traveling backwards in time should be possible if you can decelerate quickly enough from a very very high speed (think Mach something or other).

However, that rapid of a deceleration would probably cause your aorta to sever from your heart, and that would kill you, also rapidly.

It’s been a while since I learned this. And I’ve moved forward through time at 60 seconds per minute. I believe it’s still true theoretically.

It's been known for awhile that the faster you go, the slower time goes by. If you could travel at higher than light speeds then time would slow drastically. Think Superman orbiting the Earth to stop time.

One of my favorite movies is a sci-fi "comedy" called Dark Star. The guys are on a space mission where they are staying the same age while people on Earth are getting older.
The theme song goes:

A million suns shine down
But I see only one
When I think I'm over you
I find I've just begun
The years move faster than the days
There's no warmth in the light
How I miss those desert skies
Your cool touch in the night
Benson, Arizona, blew warm wind through your hair
My body flies the galaxy, my heart longs to be there
Benson, Arizona, the same stars in the sky
But they seemed so much kinder when we watched them, you and I

Now the years pull us apart
I'm young and now you're old
But you're still in my heart
And the memory won't grow cold
I dream of times and spaces
I left far behind
Where we spent our last few days
Benson's on my mind

Here's the whole movie if you've never seen it.

Back
Top Bottom