• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Timelines on Silencershop submissions ?

GMANINGA

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
25   0
Reaction score
I purchased a can from Silencershop and it was delivered to my dealer 3 weeks ago. All forms, payments and signatures are complete. Does anyone know how long they take to mail the forms? I have not done one through their Kiosk in years.

I purchased a can from Silencershop and it was delivered to my dealer 3 weeks ago. All forms, payments and signatures are complete. Does anyone know how long they take to mail the forms? I have not done one through their Kiosk in years.

It took me over 10 months years ago......there's no way in telling what the Xiden Administration is doing to the ATF right now. It got to the point the possibility with the LGS to electronically file was possible. I regret I didn't go for the cans I really wanted in larger caliber than 22 then....

4/15/20 - Ordered from SS
5/1/20 - Delivered to dealer
5/11/20 - Check cashed by ATF
1/7/21 - Approved
1/24/21 - Stamp received by dealer

In the past they would usually mail the forms off a day or two after signatures were complete, but recently i don't know what is going on over there, i bought a can in stock at local dealer at the end of January, signatures completed February 3rd, and they still have not mailed the form....adding a month to the wait time for no reason it seems.

The thing is it's up to the dealer you are picking it up from to notify you.

My last purchase was through Silencer Shop, and everything went fine until it got to Cherokee Gun and Pawn.

Someone there took the clearly printed label with my name and home phone on it, wrote the number down wrong on a post it, tried once and gave up because he got an 'out of service' message.

When it seems to be taking to long I called SS, and they said it had shipped to CG&P. I called the NFA branch and they said the stamp had been mailed out months before. I called CG&P and it took a couple of tries before I could get someone to physically check for them. They had been sitting these for at least 2 months and they hadn't even bothered to try again. Last time I've been there to be honest.

Anyway, that's just another reason to have a good dealer on the receiving end. I'd always used Quiet Riot before, and went back to them for my current order. I've never had an issue with their service, in fact it's outstanding. Well worth the extra drive.

Thanks for all of the answers. I have 2 pending form 4's. One is a can that was brought through Silencershop (the one that was delivered to QRF almost 3 weeks ago). I have 100% faith in QRF, and feel that is is a Silencershop issue. My other form 4 is a transferable Sten and as soon as QRF received the gun from the out of state person, they let me know. I filed the paperwork at the Kiosk at QRF and it took several weeks for them to mail the form (they being Silencershop). I do think the delay is on the Silencershop side of the house.

spencer60 spencer60 .. I have not used Cherokee Gun and Pawn, I used a shop in Dawsonville for my last can (2 years ago) and they were great.

I recently use QRF/Silencershop on a Form 4 and it took SilencerShop about 2 weeks once the forms were complete/signed for them to show as being mailed out. Then 9 days later the ATF cashed the check (faster than usual) and that clock is still ticking...

I've used both CG&P and QRF for numerous transactions, and experiences have been as pleasant (as one could expect where the BATFE is involved) for both dealers.

If I remember someone about a week ago posted here stating that SS had problems with their printer. I filled out my documents 2 weeks ago and paid for the stamp and still no email with it being sent off to ATF.

Check was cashed on 3/1.. about 18 days after mailing.. hopefully pending in a couple of weeks and then the long wait...maybe ammo prices will drop by then...

Back
Top Bottom