• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Timing a muzzle brake

uga_fan

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
8   0
Reaction score
Been a while since I timed a brake and I can’t remember ~ how much it will tighten down past hand tight to get to spec torque. Right now I’ve got it hand right and the flat top of the brake is ~ 10:30. I think that is ~ right, but wanted to run it by you guys before I put Rocksett on it.

A torque wrench is a minor investment to make sure it's done right. Especially if this brake is a mount for a can.

But generally...I want to see 10-15° of rotation past hand tight.

Is is for a SiCo ASR mount. I’ve got a torque wrench. It’s just been ~ 3 years since I timed a brake and I can’t remember how much past hand tight it will go to get into the correct ft/lb range. I had to use 3 SiCo shims to get it to hand tight @ ~10:30.

Is is for a SiCo ASR mount. I’ve got a torque wrench. It’s just been ~ 3 years since I timed a brake and I can’t remember how much past hand tight it will go to get into the correct ft/lb range. I had to use 3 SiCo shims to get it to hand tight @ ~10:30.
If you've got a torque wrench, then stop worrying about how much angular rotation and just get it lined up and in the proper torque range.

Here is hand tight with 3 shims.

Attachments

• 5266A4DE-FAA3-4FEC-80D2-7569AE0DAA82.jpeg
    5266A4DE-FAA3-4FEC-80D2-7569AE0DAA82.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 37
If it won’t torque/clock up right just grind down yer crush washer with your finger pressure grinding the washer into a concrete slab in little circles until you have it lining up.

Back
Top Bottom