• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Timing is off on my S&W model 28

FullSizeRender copy 4.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Let me begin by saying Jack Kirkman, owner/operator of Old Hickory Gunsmithing, is a licensed gunsmith and I am not. That being said, I thought the revolver was a bit out of time but when he functioned tested it, he assured me timing was OK.
The other issue I had with the pistol was the finish. The previous owner had it Cerakoted. The cylinder, rear sights, trigger, and hammer were coated silver in contrast to the black frame and barrel. The flame from firing it had burned the finish near the chambers in the front of the cylinder. It looked like $hit, and I didn't like the two-tone finish so I had Jack re-Cerakote the above mentioned parts to match the frame and barrel. He called yesterday to inform me the pistol was done, so he's only had it about a week. The job involved taking the pistol completely apart to remove the trigger, hammer, and cylinder for refinishing. The price? $89.00.
The photos above is how the pistol looked before he did the work. When I get it home I'll follow up with another photo of how it looks now, and include any final thoughts or comments.
Semper Fi!
FullSizeRender.jpg

Back
Top Bottom