• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tire question. 33x12.50x20 on a stock 9 inch wide rim.

Zeake

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I just went from stock size to 33*12.50*20 because I was sick of sinking in my yard. The tires feel really unstable in corners. I can feel the whole truck shift as if the tires are low on air. They are not. Would a 1" wider rim make this feeling go away?

The tires are a little rough at around 45mph but smooth out as you get faster. I am absolutely hating them right now and regretting spending $1000 on them.
thumbnail.jpg

What truck and what psi are you running?
I can't imagine an inch wider wheel making much difference at all.
It's a 2015 2500HD 4 wheel drive with duramax. Heavy as ****. 7000 plus pounds.
60 PSI in the front 72 in the rear. I have not adjusted the pressure since the tire shop ordered and installed them for me.
I am close to ordering new rims and tires and selling these. I hate to do that but I can't do that ride.

I would try different pressures as it's easy and don't cost nothing. That seems high psi for an unloaded 3/4 ton.
Fwiw... I've always ran 55 front/50 rear on my unloaded F250 Powerstroke and have always gotten even wear and it smooths out the stiff ride. Loaded up I air up 65-75 depending on load.

Duratrac's SUCK on heavy HD trucks. They are like driving on jello, way to soft. It is 100% the tire and not much you can do about.

Edit, never mind. I read Duramax and thought Goodyear Duratrac. I'd still bet it's the tire compound. Are they at least "E rated

Back
Top Bottom