• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

tire question....need help/advise

Is it some type of all wheel drive?
If so, it may be geared ever so slightly different (front/rear) and using improper sized tires could put something in a little bit of a bind.....
I have no idea why caddy engineers would do what they do, but engineers never have to work on anything..so there's that.

The only difference is width

3AB30762-EE6C-41A9-8AD3-8C0E278AE01A.jpeg

The difference is strictly for a appearance effect of wheel width is the same. If the rim size is different then I would stay with the factory sizes. Incorrect tire size on a non approved wheel size " CAN " ( notice can, not will ) cause premature or uneven tire wear because the contact patch " CAN" be rounded and not flat not to mention a funky appearance. From the chart above it looks like the rim size could fall within approved spec.

Yep.....I gave in.... I'll be getting two different sizes....rims are the same, aparently....at least I will not have to worry about rotating them....
Excellent. It will look better as well. If you a hefty discount for buying all the same tire sizes I would say you probably do it. If it's going to be the same price all the way around I'd say stick with the factory sizes. It'll give it a slightly more aggressive look. A little bit wider tires on the back looks a lot better than just the same thin tires all the way around. Plus added traction if you have the 4.6L V-8. Not to mention it's always better to stick with the factory tire ratings on a vehicle anyways.

If you look on the sticker on the inside of the door it should tell you what tire pressures to run on the front and the back. Sometimes the tire pressure can be different from the front and the back. Sometimes up to 5 lb difference. And I would stick with that pressure stated on the sticker for best tire wear

If you look on the sticker on the inside of the door it should tell you what tire pressures to run on the front and the back. Sometimes the tire pressure can be different from the front and the back. Sometimes up to 5 lb difference. And I would stick with that pressure stated on the sticker for best tire wear
I will check that out...I posted the door sticker last night....it's a bit hard to read

Back
Top Bottom