• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

tire question....need help/advise

THIS!!! is where one goes for the most informative, down to earth information available!!, AND that's why I choose to do what I did....because all the good folks on the ODT!!! If they want wider tires on the rear, they will get wider tires on the rear....to hell with my budget!! at least the car was free......
figured by now, I owed folks a photo....View attachment 5633954
Now, just tell us your Wifye didn't back up this SUV into the garage, correct? :becky::becky::becky:

Nice ride my Friend!!! And if it is paid off, even better!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰

We used to put fatter rear tires on hot rods all the time in the late 1970’s & 80’s …… it was real popular with Camaros, M.Carlos, Mustangs, etc., in the 60’s , 70’s & 80’s .
Sometimes they even ran them taller and wider in the rear. It helped jack up the rear end for that drag race car look .
I was there in the 80's right along side of em. My '67 Plymouth Belvedere had narrow Centerline's on front and big fat tires on the back. I use to get s lot of thumbs up by bikers, big rigs and some commuters on the highway. People loved this look back then. They didn't know it had a 440 with all Direct Connection performance internals I built. Thing was a beast with a 3.91 posi. Probably got about 6 gallons per mile. LOL

I sold that car to a friend and bought a new 87 Mustang GT. We raced each other one time. By the time I hit the 1/8th mile he was so far in front of me I could barely see his license plate. Not the number the whole plate. LOL Put that Mustang in its proper place. I was surprised it beat it that bad.

Now, just tell us your Wifye didn't back up this SUV into the garage, correct? :becky::becky::becky:

Nice ride my Friend!!! And if it is paid off, even better!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰
no wifie to do any backing!!! that went away in 1996....it's a v6 with the "performance" package....the inside still smells of leather!!
funny....I've had it right at a year, and put only 4k miles on it.....just prefer my 17 year old truck!!!
she kept a maintenance file on it, close to an inch thick...all done my Capital Cadillac, or the Cadillac dealer in Naples....she kept them in business!!!

I was there in the 80's right along side of em. My '67 Plymouth Belvedere had narrow Centerline's on front and big fat tires on the back. I use to get s lot of thumbs up by bikers, big rigs and some commuters on the highway. People loved this look back then. They didn't know it had a 440 with all Direct Connection performance internals I built. Thing was a beast with a 3.91 posi. Probably got about 6 gallons per mile. LOL
We had a 74 Road Runner with the 318 cid engine but it was built pretty good . Got it from one of my cousins. I don’t know how the heck he got that much HP out of a little V8 like that but that big ass car would scream ! It had glasspack dual exhausts on it and they would cackle beautifully whenever you got the RPMs up on that car ! That RoadRunner would smoke just about anything I went up against. Unfortunately my brother wrecked it for me….but it was just a car and he was ok so ….
I wish ihad that car today, it would be worth some change for sure ! You don’t see too many of them around. I guess folks crashed them all because they sure would haul ass ! Lol

We had a 74 Road Runner with the 318 cid engine but it was built pretty good . Got it from one of my cousins. I don’t know how the heck he got that much HP out of a little V8 like that but that big ass car would scream ! It had glasspack dual exhausts on it and they would cackle beautifully whenever you got the RPMs up on that car ! That RoadRunner would smoke just about anything I went up against. Unfortunately my brother wrecked it for me….but it was just a car and he was ok so ….
I wish ihad that car today, it would be worth some change for sure ! You don’t see too many of them around. I guess folks crashed them all because they sure would haul ass ! Lol
When I first bought my 67 Belvedere in Oklahoma it had a 318 before I put the 440 in when we moved to Maryland. I worked that 318 over in highschool. I won every race I had at first. All the cars my best friend even be against me I blew them away. It wasnt until it started its down hill decline that I was beat by a LT1 67 Camaro pace car owned by a dealer and hopped up a bit. Also a built 400 Trans am for me. Both were less than a car length. At first that little 318 could not be beat. It had real long narrow intake runners which is great for the street so torque was good. Those big cam cars didn't have the supporting mods to compensate for lack of bottom end and that's where I won the race. By the time there low torque engine was starting I was already to far ahead for a cammed no rear gear motor to catch.

Most people back then over cammed the motor and had way to much carb. If you had you engine set up right and tuned really good you were hard to beat. I wasn't afraid of the choppy camed up cars. Most of them we built in a barn and the guys that did the work had no idea how to tune properly. Vacume tuning, proper timing advance and AFR were the ticket. Those good old boys didn't have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom