• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired for seeing used sp101 for $500s. Brand new $419

never had a guy say I can get this at Buds for $$$ and then start the lowball whining ****?

Only on ammo, but I think he was B.S.ing me since I couldn't find it anywhere online & he stated an in store price.

I search the current prices before I ever list mine to reflect the current price rather than what I paid or expect to get out of it. Their used guns, not all are investments.

Exactly what the response should be.

Anytime someone leads with "well I can get it at......" or "my store..." then politely respond "you should buy it there then". I would much prefer someone just straight up make me an offer for less than my selling price than try and "justify" their offer like that.

I try and price fairly and sometimes do have a little room on price. Just ask directly "would you take $375 for the gun you are asking $400 for", NOT "well my brother's cousin gets employee discount at the LGS and he can get me....".

OP I have totally missed your point. I have never seen a 9mm SP101 on this site. It is very common to see SP101's in 357 as a matter of fact I have traded for a few in the 450-500 range. You should include that in your link because that same site has the 357 version starting at $549 up to $679 depending on the model. I have always thought $450-$500 to be a fair price for the SS SP101's in 357. Just my 2 cents.

I would think most people figure in tax, shipping, ffl fees etc when buying guns online. I know I do when comparing prices. But more than several times, I could get a new gun cheaper with all additional costs than what I see it used for here. There is a gun right now in the rifle section I considered but I can get it new, shipped to my ffl, for 20 bucks less out the door with just 5 minutes of searching online. It's like some people just didn't save for retirement and are shooting for the moon to get a little money in their bank accounts.

Went to buy a scope from midwayusa the other day, came up wanting Ga sales tax. Nope. Got it somewhere else for cheaper out the door due to it, they didn't charge me tax. I imagine everyone will catch up in the next few months.

I got a pm from a guy telling me I shouldn't be asking to see IDs. I rarely do anyway unless someone looks or acts real sketchy. I've sold every gun I have ever posted on here or anywhere else without issue and usually withing a couple weeks or a few repostings. I always leave a little wiggle room, all anyone has to do is ask. Meanwhile the joker than pm'd me has been posting the same set of guns for I swear two years. If there is gold in the buttstocks he needs to let use know in his ads to justify the prices.

Back
Top Bottom