• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Seriously who do you think you are a FFL licensed dealer with the right to know my personal information? Give me a break. Take your BOS and shove it along with your firearm.

:cool:

I saw one wanted a photocopy of my drivers license, good deal on a gun too, but unless you are a FFL and I'm filing out a 4473 all you're gonna get is a peek. Really don't think a BOS is gonna cover you a whole lot. And I agree with bypass, take that BOS turn that thing sideways and shove it straight up your rudy pooh candy butt!

i just ask for name, date signature... and if you are allowed to own guns. will that hurt ya less?

That's fine. You can't read my hand writing anyway. But it all goes back to a trust thing. If I show you my license and CCWL (or department ID) shouldn't that suffice?

Some people just won't sell a combat/ defense oriented gun to a complete stranger. Period.

I'll sell to a stranger, but I want a bill of sale at least, and sometimes in the past when selling sketchy things like a Tec-9, I have the buyer initial some statements that say he's not a felon, not a domestic violence abuser, etc. OR I'll ask to see his Weapons Carry License and make a note that I saw it, and it wasn't expired.

Other people will sell anything to anybody, no questions asked.

If you think you should not as a seller to do anything not absolutely required by law, let me ask you this: Would you sell an AR-15 to a 14 year old boy? Why not? Is that illegal? A private party sale? Show me the federal or Georgia law that says minors cannot buy shotguns or rifles (we have two such laws for handguns, but I'm talking about selling a kid your AR-15 or AK-47).

Sometimes personal responsibility means more than just following the bare minimum required by law, especially when there are no relevant laws on point about the scenario you're facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom