• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all low hanging fruit. With the resources and tracking power that the government has, we'd all quickly be on a list of gun owners. The thing is, there's no real proof without required BOS's. I can buy a gun today and on a whim legally decide to sell it at a gunshow tomorrow with no record of the transaction.

Voluntary BOS's make required BOS's more acceptable. Required BOS's make registration more acceptable. Registration makes confiscation possible. Maybe you think that is a long leap but it's really not if you stretch the process over decades.

The plus side of a BOS is that it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and it might save you a headache later. That's it. The downside of a BOS is that it helps put the country on the path to confiscation.

England had the right to bear arms 100 yrs before the USA. They lost theirs... no, they gave theirs up. I intend to slow that process down as much as possible here.

I just ask for name, address, look at DL, nothing too fancy. The reason is I have no idea who you are. How am I supposed to know you aren't some thug thats gonna go shoot someone up with the firearm later that day? Just because you seem friendly?

I just ask for name, address, look at DL, nothing too fancy. The reason is I have no idea who you are. How am I supposed to know you aren't some thug thats gonna go shoot someone up with the firearm later that day? Just because you seem friendly?
Which, if any of that info would tell you of somebody's intentions?

in this age of identity theft a bos is dangerous. giving enough info to a complete stranger to ruin your life. not worth it to me.

And you obtaining said info changes any of that how? :confused:

in this age of identity theft a bos is dangerous. giving enough info to a complete stranger to ruin your life. not worth it to me.
And it's 100% completely unnecessary.
I think for any future sales I'm going to REQUIRE the buyer to provide me his mother's address. If she is deceased his next of kin that is female. You know... just to make me 'feel' better.

If that happens, what difference does it make if you have his name/address?

If you want a BOS and I want what you have, I have no issue. I'm AJ squared away... And I'll only ask for a BOS if you if you don't have a GWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom