• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not mind showing my GWL real quick to prove I am not a felon, but when want me to sign a BOS, take glamour shots on your dash cam, and provide a three page auto biography you can shove it up your ass. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Just sign it

static.comicvine.com_uploads_original_11113_111136721_3527400_5159442715_funny.jpg

I just ask for name, address, look at DL, nothing too fancy. The reason is I have no idea who you are. How am I supposed to know you aren't some thug thats gonna go shoot someone up with the firearm later that day? Just because you seem friendly?

You don't.
So thugs don't have a name, address, or a DL?

If you sell a used vehicle, there's nothing keeping the new owner from getting drunk and speeding through your neighborhood either.

I might need to ad you to my ignore list, so I will not be bothered with any of your ads.

Your statement makes about as much sense as building a canoe out of chicken wire.

Being overly paranoid is not healthy.

I do not mind showing my GWL real quick to prove I am not a felon, but when want me to sign a BOS, take glamour shots on your dash cam, and provide a three page auto biography you can shove it up your ass. Ain't nobody got time for that.

There is no law stating that a buyer has to prove he is not a felon.

We're all low hanging fruit. With the resources and tracking power that the government has, we'd all quickly be on a list of gun owners. The thing is, there's no real proof without required BOS's. I can buy a gun today and on a whim legally decide to sell it at a gunshow tomorrow with no record of the transaction.

Voluntary BOS's make required BOS's more acceptable. Required BOS's make registration more acceptable. Registration makes confiscation possible. Maybe you think that is a long leap but it's really not if you stretch the process over decades.

The plus side of a BOS is that it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and it might save you a headache later. That's it. The downside of a BOS is that it helps put the country on the path to confiscation.

England had the right to bear arms 100 yrs before the USA. They lost theirs... no, they gave theirs up. I intend to slow that process down as much as possible here.

:tinfoil3:

I realize that and I do not ask for anything but I will show mine quickly if it puts a seller at ease.

If the seller is that uneasy, they should stick to FFL dealers.

These BOS people are like the folks that are driving the speed limit, but when they see a cop they slow down about 10 MPH. Why?

The problem with most folks is that they don't have clue what the laws are nor what their rights are.

Why is the PM system not a good enough record of the transaction?

I don't deal with folks that will not PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom