• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my .02 cause this seem to get a lot of attention on this board:

On FTF sales I do use a record of sale (RoS) and I need to see (see only) photo ID or permit . This is simply for you to confirm (to me) that you are a LEGAL RESIDENT and buyer (or seller), nothing more. There is no outside check, it stays only with me. If you have a problem with that then I have to assume there is a reason and I am out of the deal.

What is my qualification for requiring this? If I am involved in the deal it is simple liability. I consider part of my responsibility as a gun owner. I am not a looking for a debate, just asking you to think this one through. I appreciate that some have an opinion on this topic and so do I.

Last edited:

On FTF sales I do use a record of sale (RoS) and I need to see (see only) photo ID or permit . This is simply for you to confirm (to me) that you are a LEGAL RESIDENT and buyer (or seller), nothing more. There is no outside check, it stays only with me. If you have a problem with that then I have to assume there is a reason and I am out of the deal.

What is my qualification for requiring this? If I am involved in the deal it is simple liability. I consider part of my responsibility as a gun owner. I am not a looking for a debate, just asking you to think this one through. I appreciate that some have an opinion on this topic and so do I.

Making an argument is by definition entering into the debate.

Do whatever the **** you want but seeing an ID does nothing than give you a false warm and fuzzy.

WHAT STAYS WITH YOU? Do you write down the info?

There are a lot of Illegal residents that haveGA ID and GA DL.

How can you be sure that the buyer is not a convicted FELON?

How can you be sure that the buyer hasn't moved to Alabama, and still retain their GA license?

How can you be sure that it is actually the buyer themselves in the tiny, crappy DL picture? Do you really study the DL and make a good comparison to the buyer?

Being liable or not, will not be decided because you "peeked" at someones DL.

Being paranoid and giving yourself a false sence of security, will cause you more trouble than it will keep you out of.

I sure hate having to have a long ignore list just because they wanna be a "peeking.

The only time I would want to see some ID, would be if your car had out of state plates on it.

Is this what your FB score reflects?

You are liable to get struck by lightening or eaten by a shark.

Responsible gun owners are not paranoid, and are always willing to debate their rights.

PMs people, PMs. That's all that's needed. It's good enough for a record and it's proof of a deal gone South.

The NRA spends millions of dollars defending our firearm rights, and we have people that will just roll over and give them up, without being asked.

The only way to keep your rights, is to stand up and use them, not roll over and let the cop search your car on a whim, let the DNR randomly snoop around on private property, and don't be adding any homemade restrictions to our gun laws.

Well, I don't have anything to hide.

I don't either, but I will not give up my rights.

Not having anything to hide is a stupid reason to allow your rights to be trampled.

Is this what your FB score reflects?

You are liable to get struck by lightening or eaten by a shark.

Responsible gun owners are not paranoid, and are always willing to debate their rights.

PMs people, PMs. That's all that's needed. It's good enough for a record and it's proof of a deal gone South.

The NRA spends millions of dollars defending our firearm rights, and we have people that will just roll over and give them up, without being asked.

The only way to keep your rights, is to stand up and use them, not roll over and let the cop search your car on a whim, let the DNR randomly snoop around on private property, and don't be adding any homemade restrictions to our gun laws.

Well, I don't have anything to hide.

I don't either, but I will not give up my rights.

Not having anything to hide is a stupid reason to allow your rights to be trampled.

This X1000000000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom