• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my .02 cause this seem to get a lot of attention on this board:

On FTF sales I do use a record of sale (RoS) and I need to see (see only) photo ID or permit . This is simply for you to confirm (to me) that you are a LEGAL RESIDENT and buyer (or seller), nothing more. There is no outside check, it stays only with me. If you have a problem with that then I have to assume there is a reason and I am out of the deal.

What is my qualification for requiring this? If I am involved in the deal it is simple liability. I consider part of my responsibility as a gun owner. I am not a looking for a debate, just asking you to think this one through. I appreciate that some have an opinion on this topic and so do I.

Have read this several times and find it to be pure bull****. I think we are being played here. I don't really care one way or another what you do - it is just way too much for you to come in here and open with this in your introduction to the forum and now push it around. Just hogwash man - agenda.

This is actually becoming comical. I just don't understand what seeing anything really does. If a person has a GWL and is strait as an arrow, you wouldn't know just from looking at a permit. If somebody with a GWL has become a felon since getting their permit, looking at it will not tell you about their criminal history. Ted Bundy had a clean record and his neighbors thought he was a very nice guy. It wasn't until they found a couple bodies in his house, arms, legs, hands, feet and 2 heads in his freezer, that they changed their opinion. My point is, just relax! If you want to obtain info about a person for a firearms related transaction, apply for a FFL, get some solid stuff in stock that we all want, offer us a prices that we can't refuse and I'll be the first to come in and fill out a 4473. Until then, post your stuff, let's make a deal, seal the deal with cash/trade, end with a handshake and be on our way....and don't forget to leave feedback!!

bos is worthless in the larger reality. its not witnessed or notarized, no good for tp either.

why bother......I really needed this post, I feel better knowing 1 more has been added.

On FTF sales I do use a record of sale (RoS) and I need to see (see only) photo ID or permit . This is simply for you to confirm (to me) that you are a LEGAL RESIDENT and buyer (or seller), nothing more. There is no outside check, it stays only with me. If you have a problem with that then I have to assume there is a reason and I am out of the deal.

What is my qualification for requiring this? If I am involved in the deal it is simple liability. I consider part of my responsibility as a gun owner. I am not a looking for a debate, just asking you to think this one through. I appreciate that some have an opinion on this topic and so do I.

Hey man, it's your property when selling, so that's your call. If you want a ROS/BOS, that's your prerogative. Just do the kind thing and make mention of that in your ad. I don't get bent out of shape if you want one, but if it's not brought up until the meet, then that's just disrespectful. I'm not saying you're going to do this, but BOS'ers have a tendency towards this behavior. Otherwise, I don't care what you want when you sell something. If you are the buyer, just make sure you are up front about it when discussing the sale or trade. That's just my $0.02. Good luck out there and I hope you enjoy the ODT!

If you are so afraid that you feel the need to swap private information, then just be a gentleman and do the the transfer at a shop and pay for the transfer so the info is at least held by a trustworthy source.

That's even better...they will take a picture of you as well.

You know what they say about opinions, some smell worse than others, and every bodies got one.

Knowingly selling to someone from out of state, or a convicted felon. This is not an opinion, this is the law.

Dod you see there are two parts?
Are you saying that a job done halfassed is good enough for you?
I have often found it better to do nothing at all, than making a halfassed attempt.

You are only getting excited about the law abiding, upstanding, citizen from another state, and could care less about selling a firearm to a convicted felon/criminal from your state. You should really think this one through.
Do you really want written proof that you sold a firearm to a convicted felon?

If you really want to be "responsible/paranoid gun owner", you should arrange all your meets at an FFL, so the Background check can be done.

I've had to send some potential paranoid buyers to an FFL.
I just follow the law, I don't make up my own.

I don't understand the complaint. I like to have a bill of sale, so if the buyer screws up and does something stupid with a firearm, and the serial number is traced back to me, and the ATF is knocking at the door my door, I have something to hand them. " On this date I sold this firearm tothis person" If you aren't supposed to own or posses a firearm, that is your problem, not mine.

If you have nothing to hide, what is the problem. All I ever asked for was a date and a signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom