• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of stupid lawyer commercials!

Ditched cable and now stream on Hulu no commercials.Went from $149 to $65 a month.
Sick of drug ads telling me for 10 seconds how great their drugs are followed by 20 seconds of how it hurts you followed by how it may cause suicidal thoughts. Just finished 2 seasons of Fargo. Excellent.

Or even better is the "have happened" line.

Incidents of waking up in the middle of the night to strangle your wife while singing the mickey mouse song have happened.

Have happened?!? Gee, sounds really scientific there guys.

Truth.

40 years ago, a lawyer's advertising was limited to his name, phone number and address in the Yellow Pages. You youngsters will have to ask an elder what those were. no specialty, no hype just your name.

Of course there was no cable or internet.

Then lawyers were allowed to have a listing under a specialty like doctors did. Again, Yellow Pages only, basic info only

Then you could have a display ad in the Yellow Pages, but you still could only list basic info, and maybe some pictures. It was a disbarring offense to list how much a verdict was (truth), No such thing as personal endorsement. "My lawyer got me a million dollars."

What really broke the advertising wide open was the growth of UHF stations, which then fed cable/satellite systems.

All those happy clients you see dancing across the screen are actors - if your lawyer got you a half million dollars, you are going to be too messed up to do any dancing. Even lawyers complain about using imposters to pose as clients.

The only network tv I watch is Andy Griffith. I hate that the most pure decent best show ever is littered with lawyer commercials every five minutes
I used to love that show when I was growing up. Found out not long before Andy died that he was one of those idiot leftists shilling for obama, ruined the damn show for me. Of all the people to be a freakin’ left wing nut job, Andy Griffith was one of the last people I would’ve thought would be one of “them.” Smmfh....

4bb.png

Back
Top Bottom