• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of taking meds.

I went to the doctor the other day. I was convinced that she would be upset that I had quit a recent med that had been added. When I told about it she said she didnt blame me. At that point we agreed the new med was not the right one. After talking about another med we decided that rather than add another we would taper off of another. I know its early in the game but I feel so much better already. If this goes well we may remove another.

Sometimes the cure (meds) are worse than the disease. I was overweight, drank too much, high stress and poor eating habits. I was on two BP meds for awhile and a statin.
The meds were killing me. Sick all the time...cough and constant chest congestion.
For two years I fought bronchitis and walking pneumonia all the time.
Jan 1st I decided to get healthy. No alcohol, no bread and no potatoes.
Ive lost 45 lbs and take no meds. BP is still al little high but I feel so much better.
No more bronchitis. No more cough.
It was the damn Lisenopril. When I researched the drug I discovered that it’s Brazilian snake venom...and can attack your Tcells in lungs.
I might die from high BP but snake venom ain’t gonna kill me.
Oh, and lots of fatty red meat...

Spend more time outside. When my brain and body start getting out of whack I take a few days to suffer. Really, don't take anything more than a bedroll or shelter and go for a couple nights in the woods. Resets me every year or so.
And I don't mean camping or hiking, I love that ****. I mean go be alone with nothing, get hungry, sleep miserably, be cold. It's a good thing. Blood pressure will be 20 points lower and anxiety is over with.
There has to be easier ways to get away from the wife and kids.

Go to a holistic doctor - you will probably have to pay out of pocket - and set up a physical with one of them. They will sit down and get to know you - ask you a lot of questions and have a real discussion with you. They will take blood samples. They will probably advice some diet tweaks and lifestyle changes. Come back and they will recommend vitamins and/or foods to get your numbers where they should be. They will be focused on dietary and lifestyle changes that will address the root of the problem and not writing prescriptions to take care of symptoms.

Also high cholestorol is not necessarily is a bad thing - it is the inflammation in your arteries that the cholestorol is repairing that is the problem - the best I saw it explained is like blaming fireman for a fire.

Well roughly a month later and I have tapered off just about everything. I have gone from 7 pills a day to 2. The only two I take now are BP and cholesterol. I'm not sure they are not next. I'm sleeping better. I have laughed and I have cried. I don't feel numb. I don't feel like I'm on a haze. I still feel anxious at times but no more than I did on the meds.

Well roughly a month later and I have tapered off just about everything. I have gone from 7 pills a day to 2. The only two I take now are BP and cholesterol. I'm not sure they are not next. I'm sleeping better. I have laughed and I have cried. I don't feel numb. I don't feel like I'm on a haze. I still feel anxious at times but no more than I did on the meds.
You might try cutting carbs, increasing exercise, vitamin d, especially from the sun but this time of year supplements are generally needed, reducing caffeine.
congratulations on the Med reduction.

Just curious if anyone has come to the conclusion they are over medicated and decided to take less? I mean there is a pill for cholesterol. There is a pill for blood pressure. There is a pill for anxiety and if that doesn’t work let’s add another. There is a pill for depression once your anxiety is under control and you realize you are numb. When do the side effects out weigh the symptoms

I know there are risk to coming off meds. I also know you should talk to your doctor before doing any of this. Just curious if anyone has taken and then successfully gotten off of and how you felt
the biggest risk coming off your meds is to the pharmacy and the doctor.

Horsehat Horsehat thanks for the heads up. Curious what this will do weight wise. My diet is somewhat jacked up due to eating soft foods from dental work.
I quit caffeine (for the most part) a year or so ago attempting to reduce anxiety.
I’ve got to exercise and get some sun.

41mag 41mag oddly had a doctor tell me one time if it became legal I would be her first script.

Dice Dice I told my wife I was cancelling a follow up and she said I needed to go. Told her I don’t see the point in paying them to tell them I’m doing fine and I don’t need refills. My pharmacist sent me a text the other day and told me that she had heard I was tapering and wished me well, was cheering for me and praying for me. It’s a benefit of a small town and a small town pharmacy

Back
Top Bottom