• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of that IWB cutting into your skin, I have a cheap fix

Stopping being fat is lust stopping smoking for some, I just lost 29 lbs. myself down from a 44 to a 38 waist, and still prefer the "Moleskin" against the skin, if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto. I did stop smoking over 25 years ago also. Sorta like stippling, if the grip works from the factory, use it that way, if its too slick I add some grip tape which can be removed should I ever decide to trade/s sell the gun & rig.
Most of you younger guys will find out soon enough fat or not, that you do shrink down, (In height) as you get over 55/60 and I went from 5'11" down to 5'7", due to degrenerating discs in my spine so that skin/meat has to go somewhere as it shrinks down and its easiest rout is outwards, creating a mostly skin, but still pokes outwards same as a gut would. Now if you are the thin man, maybe you won't go thru that, never been thin so wouldn't know. And before you start that go to the dam gym old fart, I simply cannot, artificial hip, shoulder, Knees and fused spine prevent that activity. Yes I paid in my Katter years for my "zestiness" in my previous occupations, football and werstling and all who do those will eventually pay the same price.

or............a complete moleskin holster, surely somebody could make one

They did-- the Krefo. Pre-web (effectively); you're not going to find much in Google about it. But it was basically moleskin with a belt clip. No chance of ever reholstering, or it being comfortable, as the pointy parts poked you.

Not in the summer or unless you are rather "thin" a 38 & over waist just don't fare well with a 6-8 " elastic band around the belly, plus hotter than hades.

I wear a cotton undershirt, belly band, then a loose button up over that. The cotton between you and the holster prevents excessive heat or sweat.

First rule of belly-bands-- if you have a belly, they don't work for you.

Neither does "appendix carry", though it would be great if it did.

Back
Top Bottom