• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas 1911

Turkish made 1911. How bad can it be? My ATI Commander size was made in the Philippines and I have no problem with it. Third world is third world, right?
Anyway if it's a starter 1911 then I say get the best price you can on one. If you hate it sell it. If you love it then it's the first one in your 1911 collection.
I’m afraid I’m going to really like it and it’s going to spark a new collection and financially, my wife will hate me lol, but I’m not opposed of it.

I’m afraid I’m going to really like it and it’s going to spark a new collection and financially, my wife will hate me lol, but I’m not opposed of it.
Back in the 90s I owned a Colt Series 80 and an all Caspian Custom build that was expensive even at the Friend Price the gunsmith built it for. Then they both got away and I spent probably 20 years without a 1911. So when my cheap ATI came up for trade I had to have it . And since I brought it home I DO feel more masculine. But I do NOT feel bad at all about it being made in the Philippines. 1911s are like ARs High Powers and AKs . I consider them Public Domain designs. So there is no need at all for me to pay more for a roll mark.
Yeah I know you get what you pay for ( up to a point) . But I just don't feel the need to spend Wilson Combat or Kimber money on one pistol.
Put it like this; my 1911 is in the cabinet with the other guns. My G19 is loaded and ready to go. Kinda stings to say that but it's true.

This is the reason I don't have any rifles in .308...
Dude! Total thread hijack here but...earlier this year I traded into THE coolest ghetto custom Ishapore Enfield 308 ever. It's Bubba'das he'll! Barrel cut to 18" with a comp threaded on polymer stock, Tasco glass, generic bipod AND.... wait for it...a super custom miniature 8 ball bolt handle. Get down!

This is the reason I don't have any rifles in .308...

Dude! Total thread hijack here but...earlier this year I traded into THE coolest ghetto custom Ishapore Enfield 308 ever. It's Bubba'das he'll! Barrel cut to 18" with a comp threaded on polymer stock, Tasco glass, generic bipod AND.... wait for it...a super custom miniature 8 ball bolt handle. Get down!

Ya'll got me.
My name is Dean, and I love .308's and 1911's.
I've known I had a problem for a long time, but I just can't seem to shake it. :doh:

Pretty sure there was a thread on here at some point in the past year or so with somebody looking for the gun you just described. First rifle maybe and they sold due to needing funds and regretted it? Can’t remember for sure.

BEEAA66E-F83B-40B6-88C5-C1E9CB31C013.png

Back
Top Bottom