• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TN. concealed carry law.

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
I am being forced to go to Gatlinburg, TN next month,

I could look it up but I am always fascinated by the wide spectrum of opinions on any legal issue on the ODT.

I have a GA. GWL. If I am stopped by LEO in TN., is it a "must disclose" [that you have a gun in the vehicle] state?

Thanks.

"...never had a problem" you say?

But did you get stopped by a law enforcement officer in Tennessee, and were you armed, and did you disclose that fact? Or did you fail to disclose that fact to the cop, BUT THEN THE OFFICER DISCOVERED YOUR GUN ANYWAY???

If that last scenario is what happened AND the cop was still OK with that, then this would be anecdotal evidence that TN isn't a "must inform" state.

"...never had a problem" you say?

But did you get stopped by a law enforcement officer in Tennessee, and were you armed, and did you disclose that fact? Or did you fail to disclose that fact to the cop, BUT THEN THE OFFICER DISCOVERED YOUR GUN ANYWAY???

If that last scenario is what happened AND the cop was still OK with that, then this would be anecdotal evidence that TN isn't a "must inform" state.
Yes, yes and only when he asked, I already had my permit out as anyone with a half a brain would and he didn't have a problem with me being armed

Traffic stop last summer in Pigeon Forge, evening time, looking for drunks, I was not, no issues, the fact I was armed never came up.

Back
Top Bottom