• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all the motorcycle riders out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your uninsured motorist insurance will pay up to the amount you had. I was in an accident somewhat similar to you and the girl that hit me had no insurance. Luckily my agent at the time piled on the uninsured motorist coverage to 300K. I didn't know what it was for, but now I do. They didn't pay me the 300K, but I was very happy with the settlement. The Uninsured/underinsured insurance is like only a few bucks added to the policy. After going thru that, I now carry 500K, I think that's the max they go to. I'm sure your lawyer knows about this. I wish you luck in your recovery.

Dang, speedy recovery…not as bad but I took a 35mph Honda civic to the back at a stoplight on my bike, it’s always the other people vs you stay safe
I try to always give bikes at least three to four car lengths. But some guys just ride like jerkoffs and dart in and out of traffic right in front of you. I'm always thinking " One slip and that's your ass." And I'm pretty considerate to bikes. The average driver especially in Houston Co wouldn't think twice.

I try to always give bikes at least three to four car lengths. But some guys just ride like jerkoffs and dart in and out of traffic right in front of you. I'm always thinking " One slip and that's your ass." And I'm pretty considerate to bikes. The average driver especially in Houston Co wouldn't think twice.
Ya. I was just taking off from a green light on a Yamaha tw200. All backroads. He ran the light and cut across me. So darting in and out of traffic wasn’t the issue. Like I said it all happened at less than 15 mph.

Back in the early 1990's I had my motorcycle license but my only street legal bike was an "enduro" -- really a dirtbike, 250 cc, that happened to have turn signals and mirrors.

I came to a point where I needed to make a decision about whether I would get a real motorcycle made for the roads, and let my Yamaha DT-250 serve me only as a dirtbike that I would trailer to and from the woods.

I thought about this for a few weeks and decided that the idiots on the roads of Atlanta Georgia were too dangerous for me to mix with them on a regular basis, with me on two wheels, not in a steel cage.

So I kept my dirtbike a little while longer but I stopped riding it on public roads. It got carried to the woods in a trailer or the back of my pickup.

Since then I felt the call of the open air experience of motorcycle riding, and I finally gave into that urge in August of last year. I picked up a well-used Honda Shadow V-twin 1100.

But... I'm still nervous sharing the roads with all these stupid & distracted drivers. (Some of which I'm sure are not being distracted; they are just literally morons.)

I'm trying to do my part, riding carefully but not going so slow as to be a road hazard, thus inviting people to pass me improperly.

I leave plenty of distance between me and the vehicle in front of me, but not so much a distance that it's an open invitation for somebody else to duck in.

I wear high visability gear (red safety vest, red reflective striping on my helmet) but it's always a risk....

I haven't had a close call on the motorcycle yet, other than a couple incidents of road debris and dropped tools in the middle of the street, but every other day when I'm driving my car, there are close calls either involving me or happening in front of me.
View attachment 5194200
Invest in a good full face helmet. Your face hits the ground and you’re done. Even at just 15 mph my Nolan took a real hit. It I wasn’t wearing it I would be in way worse shape

Todays X-rays

Attachments

• 4CB28430-E513-4478-BFE7-E989D58D9C6D.jpeg
    4CB28430-E513-4478-BFE7-E989D58D9C6D.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7
  • B41221E3-5E00-4C96-ADF0-B2F894473A53.jpeg
    B41221E3-5E00-4C96-ADF0-B2F894473A53.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom