• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To light or not to light?

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
217   0
Reaction score
Closing on a cabin on large wooded acreage early next week.

Question is to add security lighting or not.

I’m a little over 800’ to the main road and it’s DARK!

The cabin has 2 simple lights under the front covered porch and a few on the back. That’s it...

I’m considering adding some motion LED floodlights on each corner as well as a few other high wattage LED’s between the house and the road on my driveway.

I’ve got a commercial grade DVR with plenty of 4mp cameras on standby and they work day/night very well. Better then most game cameras.

Should I light it up or keep it dark? What say the ODT?

4mp cams did you buy them in 2002? Also if those are better than your trail cams you must get plenty of pictures of Sasquatch in the woods. :boink:

On a serious note I’m with Crippen. Light up everything you can because you can easily flip it off if you don’t need/want it.

4mp cams did you buy them in 2002? Also if those are better than your trail cams you must get plenty of pictures of Sasquatch in the woods. :boink:

On a serious note I’m with Crippen. Light up everything you can because you can easily flip it off if you don’t need/want it.

Lol, cameras were free and they work really good so... maybe I can upgrade to a better system later.

Lol, cameras were free and they work really good so... maybe I can upgrade to a better system later.
Ha I’m with you there man you can’t beat free and I would use them too instead of buying new ones! Congrats on the new fortress in the woods I’m pretty jealous of that.

Light it up. They invented switches for a reason!

Also, I always liked the boogie man switch (master switch in the bedroom). But the lay out of your cabin could make that more hassle than its worth to retrofit.

Back
Top Bottom