• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TO SCOPE OR NOT

Depends on purpose of said rifle... Seriously, you plinking, home defense/CQB, precision shooting. Do you plan on taking any courses, etc.

If you do scope it, put on a quick throw mount and you can add and remove in seconds while still retaining 0, if you are trying to do multiple things with one rifle.

To me it depends on the rifle and it's purpose. For hunting and home defense I would use a true 1x up to 4 to 6x so you can use it as a red dot and then have magnification for hunting or range play.

yup all depends on purpose, for hunting and medium shooting i'd go with a good 1-4, i had a burris xtr 1-4 and it was awesome, buttttt i ended up really not liking having a scope on my ar due to limited field of view and generally just not running near as fast with them, i switched back to an aimpoint and find it fine for pretty much all of my shooting

I like 2x7 scopes. 1-4x scopes are nice but few are true 1x so I don't find the practicality of using a scope as a red dot sight. For that I'd rather use an actual red dot sight. 2x7 scopes are the sweet spot being lighter and less bulky than 3x9. 2x works better than 3x for close range and 7x will still get you out a decent distance.

Back
Top Bottom