• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To the Under 40s guys: Would you try this "Jacob's Ladder"?

848EFF9C-C371-4B5A-9B43-FEB97875E8EF.jpeg

In My younger days I used to climb cell phone and radio transmitting Towers just for fun.

Did a couple dozen of them but now with knees and ankles that suddenly give out unexpectedly, and now that I've had a couple of incidents of unexplained muscle spasms in my legs without even working hard ...no thank you!

View attachment 5286187

In My younger days I used to climb cell phone and radio transmitting Towers just for fun.

Did a couple dozen of them but now with knees and ankles that suddenly give out unexpectedly, and now that I've had a couple of incidents of unexplained muscle spasms in my legs without even working hard ...no thank you!

The difference between climbing a modern well-built cellphone\transmitter tower and this rickety staircase of death is monumental. One is built with exacting standards, good materials, code, and engineering that all but guarantees that the tower won't *randomly* explode out from under you. The other is built from some random yahoo with unknown materials, no codes, or anything resembling a plan. The fear isn't in climbing up or down; but slipping and falling to your death because of a random breakage or slip.

With that said;

I've wheelied motorcycles, jumped out of planes, fly planes, and even did emergency landings. I would never go down NOR UP these stairs. Screw that.

Back
Top Bottom