• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today, Would Be one of Those Days: No! Nope! No!

If it was raining like that and it was winter, sub 40, and he didn't have a face shield (or windshield) THEN he'd be having some actual fun.
As pictured, he's just out for a spring time ride. Been there.
The wind was so strong, that my little work van was bouncing. I think it wasn't that much fun for him today.... :becky::becky:

Gotta make do with what 'ya got....
Right on! Between the ages of 19 and 25 my only transportation was a Norton 650 Commando. Took me to and from work every day in all weathers, took me and my dates to dances or movies and when my company transferred me to a branch office I would ride 420 miles each way to visit my parents and friends on holiday weekends.

They didn't make leathers and rain suit clothing for bike riders back then and even if they did I wouldn't have been able to afford it. My riding outfit was a second hand army greatcoat, and if I ever got caught in the rain that coat would soak up water like a sponge and would weigh a ton. I damn near had to rent a crane to get my ass off that bike after a wet ride :shocked:. Didn't think twice about it though, it's what we did. Good times!

Right on! Between the ages of 19 and 25 my only transportation was a Norton 650 Commando. Took me to and from work every day in all weathers, took me and my dates to dances or movies and when my company transferred me to a branch office I would ride 420 miles each way to visit my parents and friends on holiday weekends.

They didn't make leathers and rain suit clothing for bike riders back then and even if they did I wouldn't have been able to afford it. My riding outfit was a second hand army greatcoat, and if I ever got caught in the rain that coat would soak up water like a sponge and would weigh a ton. I damn near had to rent a crane to get my ass of that bike after a wet ride :shocked:. Didn't think twice about it though, it's what we did. Good times!
Yep, black garbage bags with a place for head and arms, was my rain suit.

I don’t mind riding in the rain and don’t mind riding in the dark. Did the rain and dark once through the mountains of North Carolina, couldn’t see **** when you passed a 18 wheeler, it was like having a blindfold on for about 10 seconds. Never again.

My best rain time memory was at one of the first thunder beach weeks way back. (Ex) ol lady using her do rag to keep my glasses wiped ever few mins so I could see, till I goosed it in the curve passing pineapple Willie's and we looked like slick track racers to the next light. Bought beat me eyes out when we stopped, told me she'd peed all over herself in that turn, of course you could tell the pee from the rain.

Back
Top Bottom