• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today, Would Be one of Those Days: No! Nope! No!

I don’t mind riding in the rain and don’t mind riding in the dark. Did the rain and dark once through the mountains of North Carolina, couldn’t see **** when you passed a 18 wheeler, it was like having a blindfold on for about 10 seconds. Never again.
That's that an Ultra classic in your picture

Before I got married I had a nice cruiser. I lived in an apartment with my battle buddy, and our two girlfriends, about ten miles from post. I rode that bike every day to PT at 0530 rain, sleet or snow. That made for some really cold mornings in the winter. Hell, I actually looked forward to running five or six miles! When we had our big snow storm here a couple months ago, I had to make a pharmacy run. The first stop light I came to a young sergeant in uniform was in the lane next to me on his brand new Harley. It was -4 degrees at the time, his only cold weather gear consisted of insulated combat boots and good old Army issue gloves and liners. I almost felt sorry for him!

Eric

when the water runs down your ass crack and your boots fill up then its raining.
Hahaha, haven't thought about that for years. Got caught in a storm on the last bike I owned, seemed like it followed me for quite a while. Just as you said, only fry spot was inside my helmet. The good old young stupid days!!!

In the early '80s I rode a GT550 (the Water Buffalo's little brother), commuting 60 miles R/T to and from college, rain or shine. Man that was great! I broke a vertebra when I slipped on ice, and the only time I was comfortable was in a seated position on the bike. It was hard to get on and off, but riding was a dream then.

I had a rain suit that kept me dry, but the rain drops felt like bee stings -- thousands of them. I rode home from the West Virginia mountains, through Virginia, to home in Maryland near DC, during a light snow storm and cold weather. Took me 30 minutes before I could remove my gloves to open the garage door.

I'd do it again, but there's no civilized traffic inside the Georgia borders. My wife threatened to get a cat if I ever bought another bike, and I'm allergic to cats. Fortunately, I couldn't afford one when I wanted one, but I said when I do you'll get a G**D*** cat! (It'll be OK, I like cats even if they make me sneeze.)

Followed a guy on a Jap bike halfway home yesterday. He had a black T shirt on that said POLICE on the back. I felt bad for him and gave him plenty of room. No way in hell I'd be on 2 wheels advertising I was a cop. And this county is notorious for idiot drivers hitting bikes. In fact there was a wreck with decapitation last Saturday.

In the early '80s I rode a GT550 (the Water Buffalo's little brother), commuting 60 miles R/T to and from college, rain or shine. Man that was great! I broke a vertebra when I slipped on ice, and the only time I was comfortable was in a seated position on the bike. It was hard to get on and off, but riding was a dream then.

I had a rain suit that kept me dry, but the rain drops felt like bee stings -- thousands of them. I rode home from the West Virginia mountains, through Virginia, to home in Maryland near DC, during a light snow storm and cold weather. Took me 30 minutes before I could remove my gloves to open the garage door.

I'd do it again, but there's no civilized traffic inside the Georgia borders. My wife threatened to get a cat if I ever bought another bike, and I'm allergic to cats. Fortunately, I couldn't afford one when I wanted one, but I said when I do you'll get a G**D*** cat! (It'll be OK, I like cats even if they make me sneeze.)
When the cat comes, just learn the difference between them and dogs.... lol

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/learn-the-difference-between-cats-dogs.2497874/

Back
Top Bottom