• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today's School Situation

There is no single factor for why this takes place in our society. It's a confluence of many things, among them:

Broken homes
Parents not involved in education
Bad role models
Lack of respect for elders
Lack of respect for authority
Lack of respect for the privilege and advantages of learning
Culture of self-involvment
Trivialization of violence in media
An education system afraid to discipline students
An education system teaching victimhood
Political leaders preaching victimhood

I hate to say it, but the student who got out of control needs to be made an example of. Hit her with a truckload of charges., and charge her as an adult: Disorederly. Mayhem. Assault with intent to do great bodily harm. No plea deal. No suspended sentence or community service. Full on, hard time in a state penitentiary. And then publicize that outcome heavily in the school system, complete with an overhaul in disciplinary rules, with parent buy-in at the school board level, giving teachers the ability to bring serious consequences to students who step out of line.

And the teachers also need training: Authority is dangerous; it shouldn't be used to punish or lash out at students who don't deserve it. Teachers should be accountable when escalating use of their authority.

Everyone needs to be accountable.

Seen it, about 20 years back I was asked to be a chaperone for the schools field trip. One showed out so bad that the trip had to be cancelled. Talked to the principal later, girls parents into drugs and got killed dealing. Parents killer in court and the Grandma raising her tried to kill him in the courtroom. They didn't have a clue how to deal with the girl. as a friend of mine used to say, cats and dogs, cats and dogs.

It's troubling to me that not a single student came to the teachers aide...and even more so that they were laughing about it.
I'd have been stunned had it gone any other way. I'm actually a bit surprised more didn't join in to assault the teacher.

Feral animal behavior is what I expect nowadays and I’m never disappointed.
I have one on stand by, S. O. P. feet first

1675285332569.jpeg

There is no single factor for why this takes place in our society. It's a confluence of many things, among them:

Broken homes
Parents not involved in education
Bad role models
Lack of respect for elders
Lack of respect for authority
Lack of respect for the privilege and advantages of learning
Culture of self-involvment
Trivialization of violence in media
An education system afraid to discipline students
An education system teaching victimhood
Political leaders preaching victimhood

I hate to say it, but the student who got out of control needs to be made an example of. Hit her with a truckload of charges., and charge her as an adult: Disorederly. Mayhem. Assault with intent to do great bodily harm. No plea deal. No suspended sentence or community service. Full on, hard time in a state penitentiary. And then publicize that outcome heavily in the school system, complete with an overhaul in disciplinary rules, with parent buy-in at the school board level, giving teachers the ability to bring serious consequences to students who step out of line.

And the teachers also need training: Authority is dangerous; it shouldn't be used to punish or lash out at students who don't deserve it. Teachers should be accountable when escalating use of their authority.

Everyone needs to be accountable.
Good list! One more foundational reason: much of society has moved away from God, which leads to all the other problems. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Good list! One more foundational reason: much of society has moved away from God, which leads to all the other problems. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Not durable in our system, because not everyone agrees on what God is and you can't force people to agree without religious wars and tyranny. Avoiding such things was a key element in our founding.

If you say "biblical principles," e.g., respect for life, property, parents, community, etc., which are pretty universal in most stable religious and social systems, you can generally get people to agree. They can put those tenets into whatever box God fits in for them. Even aetheists will generally agree those values are positive for society; they just don't call it "God."

Back
Top Bottom