• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today's School Situation

WSB just ran a story about an athletic director at Heritage High School in Conyers was terminated for taking down a student that was trying to fight another student. Video shows the AD was in between the students trying to keep them separated and the aggressive student kept trying to get to the other student so he took him down to get him under control. Had he not intervened they would have claimed he should have done something to stop it. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

These are not “children”. They are feral, rabid, out of control animals and should be treated as such.

Not durable in our system, because not everyone agrees on what God is and you can't force people to agree without religious wars and tyranny. Avoiding such things was a key element in our founding.

If you say "biblical principles," e.g., respect for life, property, parents, community, etc., which are pretty universal in most stable religious and social systems, you can generally get people to agree. They can put those tenets into whatever box God fits in for them. Even aetheists will generally agree those values are positive for society; they just don't call it "God."
Good point - clarifies what I said as it certainly applies to non-Christians. I wish people would agree on the respect for life etc!

WSB just ran a story about an athletic director at Heritage High School in Conyers was terminated for taking down a student that was trying to fight another student. Video shows the AD was in between the students trying to keep them separated and the aggressive student kept trying to get to the other student so he took him down to get him under control. Had he not intervened they would have claimed he should have done something to stop it. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

These are not “children”. They are feral, rabid, out of control animals and should be treated as such.
Been there done that - can't win either way these days

I know it will shock some of you but "I was a school teacher" for two years, today you need a whip and a chair to control the savages. Lack of parenting, and I'm sure some inbreeding have reduced our educational system into a Zoo. Sad it has become this way. SAT scores have been dropping for years and now that Math and Grammer are racist, geeze, what could go wrong.:doh:

I would've got torn up by one or both of my parents if I tried that.
Carlos Mencia said that when he was in school ( around the same years as me) and got in trouble or paddled his parents didn't demand the teacher be fired. When he told them about it the first thing his Mom said was " Okay so what did YOU do?"
Point is...most kids especially teens are lazy opportunist liars. I know cause I was one. So folks gotta stop acting like these are delicate little snowflakes and start making some examples.

Back
Top Bottom