• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Todd Gurley has been suspended

Here we go again... You are not allowed to make money using your talent or fame. Meanwhile, the college and the NCAA are raking money in by the millions... BULL ****!!!

It's not like it's a surprise rule.

True, but it's a rule that desperately needs to be changed. At the end of the day I blame the NCAA. The men that make these rules are taking in millions because of these players and a guy can't make some change signing a helmet??

He broke the rules period but the system is completely ****ed!

True, but it's a rule that desperately needs to be changed. At the end of the day I blame the NCAA. The men that make these rules are taking in millions because of these players and a guy can't make some change signing a helmet??

He broke the rules period but the system is completely ****ed!
I get many hold that opinion, I personally don't have an issue with the rules as they stand (just a personal opinion and not the issue IMHO. Did you get a free college education?) since EVERYBODY knows the rules GOING IN, but I especially have no sympathy for anyone that breaks them today or any program that suffers because of it. Those guys are preached at ad nauseum about what to do, or more specifically what NOT to do and it seems like they just can't help themselves. Jeopradize millions for hundreds or a few thousand dollars. S-T-U-P-I-D.
Players that break the rules are a symptom of poor discipline. I equally blame the coaches. (LSU has had it's share because of Miles wanting to be a "player's coach".)

They have to prove he actually profited from the sale of the autographs or whatever. UGA is doing the right thing...otherwise any games he plays in could be forfeited and any championships taken back. Sucks...and I agree that the system is broken, but it is what it is until somebody gets off their ass and changes it.

I want to know where is the proof. My understanding is that someone said they paid him $400 to sign 80 items and they have pics of him signing. Pics of him signing doesnt prove he recieved payment. Where is the receipt? Where is the cancelled check? I purchased Stafford signed stuff when he was still in college and I know he signed a TON of stuff, however, he was never paid.

Also does the timing of this not seem weird. Two weeks ago, he was falsely accused of hitting someone at a bar. Saturday, they play Mizzou and winner is #1 in the east and controls their own destiony. Just seems like odd timing.

Back
Top Bottom