• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Todd Gurley has been suspended

There is always student loans, that can also cover living expenses as well. I'd be ok with paying the players, as long as they had to pay for all of their school cost. The problem is that some of the players have no skin in the game. They are only using college for a stepping stone to the Pro's, not a higher education as intended.

It's an incredibly small percentage of college athletes that turn pro.
Less than 2%.
I doubt volleyball players would make much on autographs.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/probability-competing-beyond-high-school

Apparently he did practice which is good!!! Now to hear innocent will be great!!!

At what point in time do we, as fans, begin demanding better character from the players who play for our schools? By not doing so you are saying that you do not care about the integrity of a person when balanced with his potential to win your teams games.

I am an Aggie fan and Manziel should have been benched if not kicked off the team. If there is any truth to these allegations against Gurley the same thing should happen.

media.cmgdigital.com_shared_lt_lt_cache_thumbnail_715_img_photos_2014_10_14_0c_fd_lk101514_color.jpg

At what point in time do we, as fans, begin demanding better character from the players who play for our schools? By not doing so you are saying that you do not care about the integrity of a person when balanced with his potential to win your teams games.

I am an Aggie fan and Manziel should have been benched if not kicked off the team. If there is any truth to these allegations against Gurley the same thing should happen.
There was evidence against Johnny football, but if anything comes up with real evidence I'll be ok with that.

There was evidence against Johnny football, but if anything comes up with real evidence I'll be ok with that.

I agree that a rule is a rule, so if there is evidence suspend him as appropriate. However, the editorial cartoon above is spot-on. I believe very soon players will be able to make money on their own likeness. This could get really messy, but I think it's appropriate. I also have less of a problem with 'character' issues involving signing autographs for money (if he in fact did it). There are plenty of other athletes out there with much more serious allegations like Winston that are being allowed to play.

I am not implying that there was not evidence against Manziel. He should have been suspended without a doubt. My point is at what point in time do people start treating players the same way they would treat any other person?

NCAA is a load of ****.

Does anyone know if or what type of stipend athletes might already receive? I wasn't able to find much info. I'm also not sure on if an athlete can have a job, and if so, how much can they make?

Back
Top Bottom