• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tomorrow

Got to the property and the old community scrape is active the other one is not.No rubs and had to throw a possum off my cushion when I got in the ladder.Big doe at 6:15pm and never heard a shot from 2 til dark.Sweat and skeeters in abundance.Waiting for cooler weather

Got to the property and the old community scrape is active the other one is not.No rubs and had to throw a possum off my cushion when I got in the ladder.Big doe at 6:15pm and never heard a shot from 2 til dark.Sweat and skeeters in abundance.Waiting for cooler weather

I probably killed 100 skeeters today. They were trying to take my soul. Cold weather will be the cure.

Seems you have been covee d up with deer and or bear this year. Glad you and others are having success. It's been an odd year so far for me. I've not seen a single deer, turkey, or bear. I usually have tons of turkey, have always had deer walk by me by now, and usually had some bear go by. I'm afraid that us moving up here full-time has screwed up my hunting. We have a small dog that we walk right adjacent to the cabin and that would explain why I'm not having deer walk by the windows anymore, but even my old standby hotspots have been dry. Even tried some new spots are the far bottom me of our 30 acres. Nothing. I've moved cameras all over the property and only have a few pics of small does but they are few and far between. Seeing almost no sign at all. It's like they all packed up and moved and don't even cross through anymore.
Nothing this evening either BTW.

Man that's strange.
I wonder if your neighboring properties might have corn feeders Going off at all hours of the day and night keeping Bambi busy.
Yeah I've noticed there's much more nocturnal activity lately.
I'm thinking you'll start seeing them once the weather gets colder.
Hope your luck changes soon.

Skeeters at Ft. Gordon can tote off a water buffalo. :becky:

Good luck brother!

I swear the skeeters fly into my ear every time I think I see movement and my excitement level goes up.
I wonder if a certain hormone from the brain puts a certain odor from the ears when your senses perk up because I swear every time at that moment it never fails that a skeeter tries to jump in my ear and makes me smack myself in the ear.
Even though I've got a mesh leafy mask they still buzz that damn yiiiiiinnnngggg sound drives me effing crazy.
I'm gonna try that rosemary trick.

Back
Top Bottom