• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Too good to be true Matthew Danitz Bowie

Forged from 1095 supposedly... I get it if I was hacking cinder blocks or steel drum lids but any of my cheap kitchen knives would endure the green stuff I cut with it. For now, he has my money, and the knife, and I sent two sets of burled scales for him to use on the replacement he agreed to make.
I always want to believe that if a guy takes the time to learn a trade that he will stand behind his work. Guess I overestimated his character by the initial aspects of the process.

Dude that's just not right. He needs to send everything back. I know who I'm blocking on IG now!

Haha your bowie is the last couple pics on his IG. I'm gonna tell him he needs to take care of you if he wants to make any kind of name for himself.
Well, he has decided what he expects out of his blades. I expected more out of 1095 as would many folks. I am sure others might be happy with his work but to me any knife should be able to endure green poplar and tree limbs. His blade made it through chopping up a poplar sapling but I guess a limb created more deflection force than a straight chop did and popped the chunk out. He is content to say that limb was "extreme chopping" and "misuse." My expectations were not in line with his abilities and now I know.

Back
Top Bottom