• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Too good to be true Matthew Danitz Bowie

Well, to add insult to injury, he may have caused me to lose another $30 today. When he agreed to make a replacement, I had ordered scale material to have shipped to him. I was sending him an envelope to get them sent to me after he refused. Instead he refused shipment and does not look like the seller of the scales is all that willing to send them out a second time.
Oh well... the saga of the bad luck bowie is lasting longer than the blade did!

That stinks man!!!!

Oh well... life is short and stuff fails... just hate to waste money

Have you ever heard that saying "just when you thought it couldn't get any worse"?:doh: That blade has so much bad ju ju on it you may be better off without it... I hope you can recoop some of your cash, though.:thumb:

That is good news. I have been following this thread and one on another forum. I love knives and I don't know anything about bladesmithing, but I know a lot about customer service, and this guy failed you on that. Someone should have told him about the dangers of negative advertising! I personally wouldn't buy a knife from him after reading about this ordeal. Sounds like he knows part of the process, but hasn't got it perfected.

He should have said "sorry, man, I screwed up. I'll make it right." Done.

Well, a blessing came out of this after all!
A knifemaker friend saw what happened and sent me a knife. Mike Deibert is not just any maker (I got to know him while living in Nicaragua) and the knife is not just any knife! It is one of his early pieces from when he still lived and taught in Nicaragua and the sheath was made in Masaya Nicaragua. To him, it was a working knife for around the house chores so he had just cord wrapped it. To me, it was an instant heirloom so I dressed it up to honor him and the gift!
If you ever need a forged masterpiece Mike is the guy... he won best Damascus at Blade '17 and is a prince of a guy... his work now is functional art!
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 21
Well, a blessing came out of this after all!
A knifemaker friend saw what happened and sent me a knife. Mike Deibert is not just any maker (I got to know him while living in Nicaragua) and the knife is not just any knife! It is one of his early pieces from when he still lived and taught in Nicaragua and the sheath was made in Masaya Nicaragua. To him, it was a working knife for around the house chores so he had just cord wrapped it. To me, it was an instant heirloom so I dressed it up to honor him and the gift!
If you ever need a forged masterpiece Mike is the guy... he won best Damascus at Blade '17 and is a prince of a guy... his work now is functional art!
View attachment 1470784 View attachment 1470785 View attachment 1470786

Ya think it will "hold up" to cutting a few twigs? :confused: :boink: :)
VERY COOL blade! and Outcome!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom