• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toolcraft Bolt Carrier Groups on the cheap

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I normally don't even look at Palmetto State Armory not even to check their prices. But on a whim I looked on there because I was in the market for a bolt carrier group. They are selling toolcraft bolt carrier groups with the carpenter 158 bolt and black nitrided for 79 bucks excuse me $69 dollars. So I got on there and ordered one and got an additional 5% off because it was my first purchase. I got the bolt carrier group out the door tax and shipping for 74 bucks. My friends you can't beat that with a 2x4. Well I guess you could try but you wouldn't get very far with it. Boys you gotta love the DAILY DEAL! I got the carpenter 158 Bolt because it was a little cheaper and I have a brand-new 9310 in my parts box. They say that the 9310 if properly heat-treated is 6-8% stronger than the carpenter 158 but that remains to be seen or proven.

In for 1. Thanks amigo!
I normally don't even look at Palmetto State Armory not even to check their prices. But on a whim I looked on there because I was in the market for a bolt carrier group. They are selling toolcraft bolt carrier groups with the carpenter 158 bolt and black nitrided for 79 bucks excuse me $69 dollars. So I got on there and ordered one and got an additional 5% off because it was my first purchase. I got the bolt carrier group out the door tax and shipping for 74 bucks. My friends you can't beat that with a 2x4. Well I guess you could try but you wouldn't get very far with it. Boys you gotta love the DAILY DEAL! I got the carpenter 158 Bolt because it was a little cheaper and I have a brand-new 9310 in my parts box. They say that the 9310 if properly heat-treated is 6-8% stronger than the carpenter 158 but that remains to be seen or proven.

I know one thing. I will be price checking at PSA from now on. I think the only thing I don't have f or this build is a good charging handle and I will have a heap of parts to assemble. I love it!

is tool craft a reputable brand?

Toolcraft is a major OEM for many other brands that you've heard of. They're made to specification by order; not every "Toolcraft" is the same. You order enough they'll make them however you want (they may not let you use their name, but they'll make them).

Toolcraft is a major OEM for many other brands that you've heard of. They're made to specification by order; not every "Toolcraft" is the same. You order enough they'll make them however you want (they may not let you use their name, but they'll make them).
make them how you want as in finish? I figure its all within mil spec

make them how you want as in finish? I figure its all within mil spec

Everything from material used, how it's staked, coating, to how much time is spent on fit/finish. Are they shot peened, magnet particle inspected (each or just a % sample of the order), etc.. If they let their name be used in the ads, it's not going to be junk; but may not be the same "toolcraft" bolt that you find somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom