• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

~Top 5 1911~

Les Baer
Ed Brown
Wilson Combat
Nighthawk
...? On the 5th...

If you are looking for best quality for your dollar then Les Baer. In my opinion you are paying for aesthetics with the others. I prefer Brown and Wilson's aesthetics. Love my Baer.

Last edited:
Depends on how much you want to spend. Prices on 1911's can range from anywhere from $400 all the way up to $6000+.

Must be ol cheapo version glock 1911
I'm so tired of Glock guys bashing 1911's. With that said I own two, soon to be three glocks. I also own 8 1911's. The gun in my Avatar is at 7000 some odd rounds. From 0-6500 (approx give or take 20 rounds) I had only one Failure to eject. And i didnt clean the gun. I lubed it twice. After the first FTE, it had about 3 more issues in 100 rounds. I took it home, stripped it down pulled the grips, cleaned the hell out of it and im back to another 500 rounds through it with NO ISSUES. Thats a pretty good track record in my eyes. my EDC, a SR-1911 CMD is on its second 1000 round can of Federal JHP's with out any issue ( i clean that gun after every firing because it is my EDC) I just picked up a G21 SF and plan on running as many rounds of ammo as i can till it either a blows up or B jams. Then i will clean it and start over.

totally agree on the Les baer.. they even have an option for a guarentee 1 1/2 " at 50 yards . try that with others mentioned

standard guarentee is 3" at 50 yards.. hand fit all the way

ton of different models also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom