• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

~Top 5 1911~

The best 1911, is the next one you want to buy.
Someday, I want an Ed B, but if I could buy whatever, whenever, I'd buy a DW Titan.

Without getting into the 2 and three thousand dollar customs, get a Springfield A1 loaded. All the gun you will ever need. Reliable, beautiful and reasonably priced. The trigger on mine is the best trigger I have ever squeezed. It's really accurate also. Start there and mod away.

Springfield is not a low end gun. I would say it a lower end mid level gun just because of price. Kimber doesn't hold a candle to a springy. Most 1911's are hand fitted and come with a match quality barrel and bushing. The real high priced jobs are getting a lot out of the name, probably in the lines of 60 percent of the retail price. Don't get me wrong they are damn good guns. However I believe a great gun can be had a 30 percent of the price. Taurus, RIA and few others I can't remember right of hand are low end guns. Anybody that has run a Springfield A1 loaded knows it's a contender for reliability and quality. Paying 2 and three thousand bucks for a 1911 are for the 1911 freaks that just want to parade a expensive gun around the range. They have their hang ups just like any other 1911 do. I have shot most of them and I bought the Springy just because it felt like the big money guns did. Fit, finish, trigger, and reliability to consistently feed round after round sold me. those expensive guns do look pretty thought. No doubt about that. However that has nothing to do with function.

Last edited:
Les Baer
Ed Brown
Wilson Combat
Nighthawk
...? On the 5th...

If you are looking for best quality for your dollar then Les Baer. In my opinion you are paying for aesthetics with the others. I prefer Brown and Wilson's aesthetics. Love my Baer.
5th Springfield TRP

Back
Top Bottom