• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Top 5 or 10 Milsurp Rifles ( Accuracy#1 Collectible #2)

Awesome FeedBack Guy's , Feel Free to come back and share. @Hayata said "I'll have to give this list some thought" , personally I'm hungry for more intell. Thank You All for posting. My Surplus Desire is growing by the day. The only surplus rifle I own is a Mosin (It's at my Mother's house so I can't try to get anyone to identify what I have). But it was shocking/jaw dropping accurate to me, more accurate than me I should say. Thanks Again, Really

Heard and read some Real horror stories about that MG42 and it's accuracy for what it is . So far I Love'em All ,but that 1903A4 is standing out to me, I mean with out gettin all perverted That Thang is just Sexeey. Haven't researched all on the lists yet but this 1 thing I know "i NEED a 1903" hope to shoot my youngest Daughter's Boyfriend's 1903 SOON.When I first joined the ODT my goal was to buy an M1 Garand or M1A1 but then I bought a CMMG Mutant=cheaper ammo and fun for the whole Family (Thanks Tim for the Great Deal on an Awesome rifle, me being a non-member and all at the time) . Then got an AR (due to cost) , then put a couple uppers & lowers together , then built (per youtube, though itbeme offered guidance) my first AR 7 1/2" pistol (Love It) . Lord willing I'll still pick up a M1 Garand and or M1A1 but I'm thinking about a few different bolt guns 1st now? Before ODT (pre 2016) I was a deer rifle, shotgun, revolver guy besides an HK USP 40 I traded into bout 26yrs ago , yes,I wish I had kept that one ; but traded it for a 1950 Chevy pick up that had running gear issues but Beautiful primed body. To much info prob , but now you Guy's/Gal's know what an Impact you could have on a dumb'ol country boy.Wish I'd got started earlier. Grateful. Oh........as if this wasn't long winded enough already (no offence to SBR Guy's cause I love me some SBR) but personally before I buy/build one I'd have a M1 Carbine .30 cal paratrooper just because the OldSkewl factor

U.S. list:
1.) 1898 Krag
2.) 1903 Springfield (7-'14)
3.) Model of 1917
4.) 1903A3
5.) M1 Garand

Foreign List:
1.) Mosin P/U Sniper (with cast lead)
2.) Type 99 Arisaka
3.) G43 (got a good one)
4.) SVT40
5.) Pattern 14

I've other foreign rifles that I just haven't gotten around to shooting or developing loads to shoot with. I'm sure the others are quite good too, just a matter of time.

I'm only 4 Mausers away from completing a WW2/Cold War European 8mm Mauser collection. I know that it's a painfully specific category, but it really needs to be, considering the mind bending variety that is out there. I should have started with a smaller category, but that's what I get.

U.S. list:
1.) 1898 Krag
2.) 1903 Springfield (7-'14)
3.) Model of 1917
4.) 1903A3
5.) M1 Garand

Foreign List:
1.) Mosin P/U Sniper (with cast lead)
2.) Type 99 Arisaka
3.) G43 (got a good one)
4.) SVT40
5.) Pattern 14

I've other foreign rifles that I just haven't gotten around to shooting or developing loads to shoot with. I'm sure the others are quite good too, just a matter of time.

I'd like to try some cast lead rounds out of my pu snipers....where can i find some?

Back
Top Bottom