• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Top 5 or 10 Milsurp Rifles ( Accuracy#1 Collectible #2)

I'd like to try some cast lead rounds out of my pu snipers....where can i find some?

I cast and load my own. I'm not aware of anyone that sells it commercially. I cast a 209 grain bullet from a Lyman 314299 mold and size them to .312" (I have a tight bore on my rifle), gas checked, then loaded into brass cases with 12 grains of Unique. It's really a gallery load but I did quite well with it at the Rifleman's Weekend Vintage Sniper Match earlier this year. On the moving target at 200 yards I was able to hold a very tight group.

I cast and load my own. I'm not aware of anyone that sells it commercially. I cast a 209 grain bullet from a Lyman 314299 mold and size them to .312" (I have a tight bore on my rifle), gas checked, then loaded into brass cases with 12 grains of Unique. It's really a gallery load but I did quite well with it at the Rifleman's Weekend Vintage Sniper Match earlier this year. On the moving target at 200 yards I was able to hold a very tight group.

That sounds great. I dont reload right now so i buy my match loads from others. Hoping to learn one of these days.....

Back
Top Bottom