• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Torn between G26/27/33

mikee0719

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
28   0
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm starting a new job where I will have to roam possibly in some undesirable areas of our great city at night. I have settled on a glock subcompact but cannot decide on caliber. 357, 40, and 9 all have their pluses and minuses so just wondering of those that carry what your preference is and why. My dad and brother both have the 43 and both times I have shot it it performed well just looking for more capacity and more proven design. The 9 is edging out based on shootability and the 31rd glock mags i have lol. the 357 interests me as i have never owned one. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks

Hey all,

I'm starting a new job where I will have to roam possibly in some undesirable areas of our great city at night. I have settled on a glock subcompact but cannot decide on caliber. 357, 40, and 9 all have their pluses and minuses so just wondering of those that carry what your preference is and why. My dad and brother both have the 43 and both times I have shot it it performed well just looking for more capacity and more proven design. The 9 is edging out based on shootability and the 31rd glock mags i have lol. the 357 interests me as i have never owned one. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks
33 w/ extra 9 barrel. You can adapt down but not up.

My favorite of those is the .357 sig. Just know that the G33 has a much snappier recoil than the G26 or the G27. The .357 sig ammo is more expensive and harder to find, but I think the better ballistics make it well worth it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I really wanted a 26 or 33, but pocket carry I think would be difficult in work pants. Thinking for now I will pick up a 43 TALO and keep the USP handy in the truck. If I'm in a really bad area I can always throw it on in a Safariland paddle.

Back
Top Bottom