• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Total Noob Questions about first reloading setup

Stepping out of your comfort zone can be tough!
It is. I've robbed all the parts I can from my piggyback 1 and I am one nylon bushing away from not being able to use it anymore.
I have to say that rcbs has the most outstanding customer service I've ever dealt with in my life. The same dude has answered the phone every time I've called them for the last 25 years. I sent them my shell plates from my piggyback 1 and they drilled them all for my piggyback 2 at no charge about 17 years ago.

On my progressive press, I like to prep a ton of brass, I tumbled decaped resized and trimmed..5.. 5 gallon buckets of 223, they still need to be debured which is a pain, I do About 5000 deburing at a time, tumble them 1 more time (wet tumble is better, but set up doing a dry tumble 25 yrs ago, and guess I’m doing it like this)..after all the prep work, the Dillon 650 puts them right together, Dillon 650 is a good press, if for nothing else, the life time warranty on parts and the excellent costomer service
The 650 is a great press, but I’m sooooo glad I stepped up to the 1100 and S1050.

Does the 1100 and 1050s have the life time warranty?
No, but the 1100 and 1050 are made MUCH MUCH better than the 650/750s. They are not made out of plastic parts and cheap potted aluminum that will break. I know first hand about the parts that break on those 650s. I haven’t ANY parts break on my 1100 or 1050. I have a box of extra parts for the my 650, because I know certain parts are gonna break. After getting my first big press , I really kicked myself in the ass for not getting one much earlier. Then I bought a second big press 2 weeks laters and started selling my 650s. I sold 3 and kept one of them.

No, but the 1100 and 1050 are made MUCH MUCH better than the 650/750s. They are not made out of plastic parts and cheap potted aluminum that will break. I know first hand about the parts that break on those 650s. I haven’t ANY parts break on my 1100 or 1050. I have a box of extra parts for the my 650, because I know certain parts are gonna break. After getting my first big press , I really kicked myself in the ass for not getting one much earlier. Then I bought a second big press 2 weeks laters and started selling my 650s. I sold 3 and kept one of them.
Very good!

Back
Top Bottom