• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Touch of arthritis

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
This Catholic priest was riding the cross town MARTA train, when this obviously derelict man got on the train. The man obviously had not changed clothes in several days, they reeked of various unsavory odors, he was still hung over, and his gait was unsteady, As the man sat down next to the priest, the faint odor of cheap perfume drifted over to the priest.

The derelict pulled out yesterday's newspaper that he had obviously reclaimed from the trash bin, and begin to read it.

After a couple more stops had gone by, he leans over to the priest and asks "Father, what causes arthritis?" There is nothing about this man of which the priest approves, so he says "it's caused by dissolute living, poor hygiene and not taking care of your body, the over imbibing of alcohol and other noxious substances, and consorting with lewd women transmitting horrible diseases."

The questioner say "O.K" and goes back to reading his newspaper.

The priest begins to reflect that maybe he judged the man too harshly, and had not completely fulfilled his pastoral obligations, so after a couple more stops, he turns to the guy and says "I apologize, perhaps I was too judgmental, how long have you suffered from arthritis?"

Guy says, "on no, I've never have had arthritis, it just says here that the Pope has arthritis."

Back
Top Bottom