• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyota 4x4 owners....need help

Good grief

$6k is way too high for a 4Runner that's that old and Milage

It's worth about $1,600
Maybe $1800-2000 of it was the limited with the factory electric locking rear diff

Keep looking , that's way too high

I know nothing about the cruisers
But I've owned several runners
At 285k you're looking at replacing all the suspension.
bushings , shocks , ball joints ,track bar bushings etc

I bought my 1996 runner in 2003 , with 100k on it for $8k
Sold it in 2013 with 290k for $1,600
The engine and Trans ran fine but the suspension was totally worn out , it wallowed down the road
Mine was the limited model with power everything , sunroof, wood grain and leather interior and the locking rear diff

Good grief

$6k is way too high for a 4Runner that's that old and Milage

It's worth about $1,600
Maybe $1800-2000 of it was the limited with the factory electric locking rear diff

Keep looking , that's way too high

I know nothing about the cruisers
But I've owned several runners
At 285k you're looking at replacing all the suspension.
bushings , shocks , ball joints ,track bar bushings etc

I bought my 1996 runner in 2003 , with 100k on it for $8k
Sold it in 2013 with 290k for $1,600
The engine and Trans ran fine but the suspension was totally worn out , it wallowed down the road
Mine was the limited model with power everything , sunroof, wood grain and leather interior and the locking rear diff

The runner would probably be had for under 4k easily.....it has a lift kit and great condiion beefy tires already...i will see if total susp has been addresed. I knew the asking price of 5k was high because of miles....checking on it today.....good info man...thx

The runner would probably be had for under 4k easily.....it has a lift kit and great condiion beefy tires already...i will see if total susp has been addresed. I knew the asking price of 5k was high because of miles....checking on it today.....good info man...thx

I loved the runner
But once I got an expedition....
All the extra room and power spoils you in a hurry , expy gets 2 mpg worse than the runner

I like both. My favorite Land Cruiser variations I've driven had diesel engines and manual transmissions. I'm not sure those were sold in the US.

I like and have had both. The 93 Cruiser is the first year of the FZJ motor. More power than earlier versions. The Cruiser is much more vehicle but will cost more to accessorize and maintain. The 4Runners are tough, dependable and cheap to fix and cheaper to accessorize. I currently have a 68 FJ 40 and 97 and 06 4Runners. Get the Cruiser if it's just a toy.

From a cost of ownership standpoint, the 4Runner for sure. Landcruisers have the cool factor, but are more expensive to upgrade and maintain. I have a 98 4Runner with 458k on it, my wife has a 2011 4x4, and my son has a nice 02, with a nice lift, etc. We have owned the LX470 and it was her favorite SUV by far, but hydraulic suspension is expensive to repair/maintain. 3rd gen 4runners are easy to work on and get parts for. Just a solid, fun vehicle.

From a cost of ownership standpoint, the 4Runner for sure. Landcruisers have the cool factor, but are more expensive to upgrade and maintain. I have a 98 4Runner with 458k on it, my wife has a 2011 4x4, and my son has a nice 02, with a nice lift, etc. We have owned the LX470 and it was her favorite SUV by far, but hydraulic suspension is expensive to repair/maintain. 3rd gen 4runners are easy to work on and get parts for. Just a solid, fun vehicle.
458K! Awesome! 3.4L v6?

Back
Top Bottom