• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyotas hydrogen car

Several trains of thought, batteries will be the Achilles heel for the electric cars, Toyota just last year started down the plug in road after years of hybrid production.

Not sure they really believe in the all electric route, citing all the real world stuff we know to be true.

Lack of charging stations. Apartment dwellers. Not enough grid (California already has rolling brownouts all summer long). Where do old batteries go? Charging times. Cost of replacement batteries.... On and on and on...

I think traditionally an onboard hydrogen cell is like driving the dynamite truck. If you’re in a Corolla on 285, you might not be in more danger, but you might take out whoever runs you over and a few innocents.

thats always been my concern when reading about hydrogen cars, i have no idea how they will store it.

We deal with all sorts of gasses at my work and the only one that is safety crazy is hydrogen. We keep that **** in huge explosive proof containers. That **** is about as dangerous as it gets when it comes to explosive issue. It makes gasoline look like water.

93137E23-0AA4-409E-A555-B32B5B0A2548.jpeg

Hydrogen makes for some spectacular wrecks.

Safety issues of hydrogen in vehicles
Hydrogen appears to poses risks of the same order of magnitude as other fuels. In spite of public perception, in many aspects hydrogen is actually a safer fuel than gasoline and natural gas. As a matter of fact, hydrogen has a very good safety record, as a constituent of the “town gas” widely used in Europe and USA in the 19th and early 20th century, as a commercially used industrial gas, and as a fuel in space programs. There have been accidents, but nothing that would characterize hydrogen as more dangerous than other fuels.

Back
Top Bottom