• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyotas hydrogen car

Several trains of thought, batteries will be the Achilles heel for the electric cars, Toyota just last year started down the plug in road after years of hybrid production.

Not sure they really believe in the all electric route, citing all the real world stuff we know to be true.

Lack of charging stations. Apartment dwellers. Not enough grid (California already has rolling brownouts all summer long). Where do old batteries go? Charging times. Cost of replacement batteries.... On and on and on...

Agreed, batteries are not biodegradable, have you seen how lithium is mined? Lithium is in shorter supply than fossil fuels, we would run out of lithium before fossil fuels. Follow the money!!!

Hydrogen IS the fuel of the future. Car companies are going after it like no tomorrow. They all see batteries as a stop-gap appeasement option to get there.

ALL energy sources have volatility in certain situation. Lithium ion batteries are especially volatile, but folks are buying them up. If an American auto company would make a fuel cell car and the infrastructure is there, I’d buy it. In my mind, the real answer are multi-fuel engines like the new Cummins engine. It’s fuel agnostic and can run on gas, diesel, propane, and hydrogen! Problem solved! I esp like propane fuel, it stores forever, is stable, and clean - imagine filling up at Home Depot and Ace Hardware....

ALL energy sources have volatility in certain situation. Lithium ion batteries are especially volatile, but folks are buying them up. If an American auto company would make a fuel cell car and the infrastructure is there, I’d buy it. In my mind, the real answer are multi-fuel engines like the new Cummins engine. It’s fuel agnostic and can run on gas, diesel, propane, and hydrogen! Problem solved! I esp like propane fuel, it stores forever, is stable, and clean - imagine filling up at Home Depot and Ace Hardware....

A few years ago there were several car manufacturers and up fitters offering Compressed Natural Gas options. Home fueling stations were offered as well. I remember one of the sale guys showing a Mustang with a CNG tank in the trunk. CNG is common in many buss and commercial fleets.

Back
Top Bottom