• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tractor Help

Max Doppler

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Starting to look around for a little tractor with a loader. Minimally I'd like to have 4wd, a loader, tires that aren't so aggressive I can at least drive it across my yard. Also need to the option to add a backhoe at some point.Thinking about 25hp or so would do it. Ideally I'd like to have a backhoe with it.

Mainly want to be able to maintain a short gravel driveway and move some stuff around. I really can't lift or dig anymore. Most of the ones I'm finding have been relatively new- like 2016 and up. I'm also by no means a knowledgeable on the subject. If anyone knows of a decent place to look for something a bit more used or has opinions on brands I would appreciate any input.

Starting to look around for a little tractor with a loader. Minimally I'd like to have 4wd, a loader, tires that aren't so aggressive I can at least drive it across my yard. Also need to the option to add a backhoe at some point.Thinking about 25hp or so would do it. Ideally I'd like to have a backhoe with it.

Mainly want to be able to maintain a short gravel driveway and move some stuff around. I really can't lift or dig anymore. Most of the ones I'm finding have been relatively new- like 2016 and up. I'm also by no means a knowledgeable on the subject. If anyone knows of a decent place to look for something a bit more used or has opinions on brands I would appreciate any input.

15-20 K... If you are wanting all that you might as well bite the bullet and go new... Buy once cry once...

Kubota makes the setup you are looking for. Keep in mind the less aggressive the tires, the less it will dig with the loader. Also recommend you look at a tractor with a shuttle shift, saves a lot of shifting when you are grading.

Mine has the hydrostatic drive, no clutch or shifting, just step on the pedal to go.
Kinda what I was coming up with. Just can't figure out where the all the 10 year old tractors go.
I think most folks are kinda like me, keep them until the wheels fall off and the engine falls out! LOL Seriously, it does seem hard to find a good used tractor.

Have JD 4300 and a Ford 3000.. really just use the JD for finish mowing and Old Blue gets bush hogging duties and about 12 hours of harrow work a year on our 150 Acre Cabin/land...

I look high and low for the next deal every day... Hadn’t surfaced yet......

Have JD 4300 and a Ford 3000.. really just use the JD for finish mowing and Old Blue gets bush hogging duties and about 12 hours of harrow work a year on our 150 Acre Cabin/land...

I look high and low for the next deal every day... Hadn’t surfaced yet......
Yep, you have to watch diligently and be prepared to jump on one quick when they come up for sale.

Back
Top Bottom