• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade Listing Idea

kf4zht

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
85   0
Reaction score
About to start listing some stuff, and had an idea/question

Right now we have a box you can type trade interests in, and you can do it in the body. But if you have a bunch of ad's going you have to copy/paste or go and edit all your ads when you want something new

What about a section where we can post our normal trade wants, where posts won't expire, then just put the link in the trades box

Then you can list out more details the buyer may want to know. What types of ammo, how much you give per round. Your standing trades (eg will always consider reloading supplies), when you have something specific you can add it one place and all your ads show it.

The wanted section could be used for this but it doesn't seem quite right. I know we have a lot of people on here who will trade for a whole pile of stuff

I hate following links. Maybe ok for the lister, but too much trouble for a buyer. You need to accommodate the buyer, not yourself. If it is too much trouble for you, maybe you need to rethink why you are here.

I hate it when someone posts 6 guns in 6 ads and takes up half of the first page. I have a dozen or so people ignored just for that reason. I'd say you should put all your guns in one ad, then you won't have to type out your list 6 times. Copy/paste isn't too hard if you don't do that. I personally like expiring ads. This place is already cluttered up with a bunch of reposting. If someone wants to keep an overpriced ad up, at least make them work a little for it

Back
Top Bottom