• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade value is higher

Shouldn't be hard to understand, you can meet me at my house and give me my full sale/sell/cell/sail price in cash, or make me drive 20 miles to meet you which automatically makes my item worth a 10x multiple ($200) in trade value on the miles that I have to work at so hard to travel to meet your lazy butt self.........

2DF52F44-68A4-4AA9-83B6-B8E80E8C4D32.gif

What we really need is a flag for retail or market. We can trade at retail, or we can trade at market. But any trader here with more than a few deals in knows that all the flippers and FNGs think they are going to trade their retail value to your market value.

I like having the trade value and I set it higher to discourage this nonsense. However, it apparently only works on me because I get trade offers daily on the sale ads listed with NO TRADES, SALE ONLY.

What we really need is a flag for retail or market. We can trade at retail, or we can trade at market. But any trader here with more than a few deals in knows that all the flippers and FNGs think they are going to trade their retail value to your market value.

I like having the trade value and I set it higher to discourage this nonsense. However, it apparently only works on me because I get trade offers daily on the sale ads listed with NO TRADES, SALE ONLY.
Shouldn't be long before the "you should be happy members offer you a Ruger MKII for your Les Baer" crowd shows up.

I know, I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. I had just read a lovely Glock ad, that was already way overpriced, but his trade value was even more insanely overpriced.

Pick your preference
Argument For:
It’s the same as saying Not willing to trade but if you insist, make it worth my while.

Argument Against:
I can’t afford the cash price, but I really want it. You should feel sympathetic and let me take a few months to get some money together or just let me make monthly payments.

... the sign said Long haired hippie types need not apply...

Back
Top Bottom