• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade with a "black belt"

105thSoftail

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
12   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a meet with a real "black belt" ? I did....
Had a trade with a guy who "warned" me he was a black belt, (not a member on this site).
I found it a little irritating but amusing at the same time. His exact words online were "you don't want to mess with me, I'm a black belt". I had to meet this guy
We met, I'm literally twice his size and age.
He begins bragging about his "training" in Brazillian Ju Jitsu and how it's the best martial art ever developed, superior to all others. I question him about his instructors since he'd never actually trained under a real "master", just fellow students of the rank no higher than 1st dan black. I thought I was talking to a Cobra Kai student from Karate Kid "mercy is for the weak....".
At the end of his 20 minutes of stroking himself he tells me I should think about some type of self defense training, he could help me out if I was willing to learn. I inform him I have a black sash and 2 black belts, one at the rank of 4th dan. I'm no Chuck Norris or Van Damme, I've spent 37 years training to defend myself and have had to on a very few occasions
This little **** starts his sales pitch on how inferior all other styles are to BJJ. I've trained in BJJ a little bit. It's a good 1 against 1 self defense or sport art but definitely not a fighting art.... unless you incorporate other training regiments with it like boxing. A good boxer will **** your ass up
That kid was a programmed robot that sadly is going to get his ass handed to him someday

Rants over, had to share

I have a friend that has trained in many different styles. I can't tell you which ones because he doesn't gloat over it like some. He's a little guy but I have seen him tear up some guys 3 times his size without breaking a sweat. He's faster than anyone I've ever seen. I learned then you have to watch out for the little guys.

I have a friend that has trained in many different styles. I can't tell you which ones because he doesn't gloat over it like some. He's a little guy but I have seen him tear up some guys 3 times his size without breaking a sweat. He's faster than anyone I've ever seen. I learned then you have to watch out for the little guys.
maybe he's a ninja? but seriously- can't tell by looking how a guy might fight

Anyone with a good solid punch is dangerous regardless of training

Back
Top Bottom