• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traders are becoming low grade

Fact. I actually checked after I posted this and my offer said "Nice mountain rifle for kimber". At least we are adding adjectives now. In a few more months we may even know barrel length or color, maybe even caliber.

Maybe a 4 year old hijacked his computer?

I had an idiot end me a PM, "for a mountain rifle?" WTH?

After we established that a 4 year old hadn't gotten ahold of his account, he wanted to trade for my Kimber. lol He's on Ignore now. lol

Got this same offer for my Kimber. Just no thanks, I don’t even need to know what it is

Not that I really care... but what exactly is a mountain rifle??? Only one mountain I would consider shooting with a rifle... but maybe that's just me. :)
mountain rifle.jpg

Better yet.

You don't hear back from them for a couple of days.

You tell them to pound sand.

They claim they were researching and thinking about it.

How frigging hard is it to type, "let me think about it.

If you were looking for a Win. 30-30, wouldn't you already done your research and be somewhat knowledgeable about them?
NORE EM ALL.POUND SAND FEED EM BEANS

more and more folks get on here that don't have the ethics that most of us "seasoned ODT's" have.
When I get someone interested in my item, I get how long they have been a member and how many positive feedbacks they have. only wish CRAIGSLIST was like that.

We are all adults here. Act respectful and we can all keep this place great.

If you can’t afford the item or you don’t have time to deal then don’t expect the seller to wait around for you. Just because you’re the first guy to message me doesn’t mean you get the item.

Here’s what I mean. I needed cash quick and I posted up 2,000 rounds of ammo for a great price. First guy to message me says he will take it if we can figure out when to meet. It’s Thursday evening and he messages me late. He lives less than ten miles from me. On Friday morning it’s “snowing” (~1” accumulation). He wants me to meet him halfway, won’t drive ten miles to make the deal, and then starts whining about conditions (“the snow”) and maybe we should shoot for Saturday or Sunday.

Meanwhile, I have another guy chomping at the bit to drive ~1hour to make the deal right now and another guy ready to drive two hours first thing in the morning despite the “conditions”

I make the deal with the guy who is ready to come get the item. First guy didn’t seem to want it bad enough to leave the house. First guy is mad the item is gone and sends me a very angry text message “i thought we had a deal!!!!” and gets ignored.

We have a deal when we set a definite time and place and agree on an amount. It’s not a deal just because you want the item even if you’re paying asking price.

My $.02 and you can have it for free today

Back
Top Bottom