• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traders are becoming low grade

Basically there are 2 types of people:
1. Those you know
2. Those you dont know
And those you're waiting to meet. Made a trade on here the other day, called the guy and as we were talking over where to meet it turned out he was in my neighborhood. Five minute walk. A few days later I sent him a link to a bipod which he got. He asked me to put the bipod on for him turned out the guy he got it from knew his son who had passed away. Was kind of funny how the circle went around.

I have been very blessed. I've been a buyer/seller a couple of dozen times over the past few years and have met some very nice people and never been disappointed. It's been guns, scopes, vehicles etc. The great humor, common feelings and patriotic attitude are very uplifting and enjoyable. There are lots of selfish, even evil people out there that seem to be multiplying every day. As President Reagan said, "Trust but verify". ID the abusers but hope for the best.

I can't remember anyone that I've traded with that skeeved me, some were close though, LOL. Nobody has had BO worse than you smell at the gunshows, so there's that. LOL, JK. Everyone that I've traded with has been pretty good and I stick around hoping to trade/sell/sail/cell some more. The nitwits are few really when you consider the site in its totality. It's too amusing to leave in a huff just because of a deadbeat here and there, they get outted anyway.

Been here since 2010 - hard to believe. Less than some, longer than many. I have bought, sold and traded with some phenomenal folks - there are some I've dealt with that weren't worth the price of admission and I've eliminated them from further consideration - the majority are good people with similiar passion for our hobby. I'll hang around and continue to be discriminating with who I transact with - its how I lead my life.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I've mostly had good luck, but have ran into a few flakes on here. It has mostly been good.

This was just an unlucky little streak for you, OP.

If I tell someone I am going to buy something, I mean it. I'll get straight to the point and expect the same. There have been times when I wished I had not messaged someone to tell them "I'll take it", but if they agree, I won't back out on them. Same thing with sailing. I won't back out on a sail if we have reached agreement.

It isn't rocket science, and this ain't Craigsface.

I have had great experience once a location has been decided. I did have one person back out of a deal, but he let me know up front it was a contingency on his gun selling. The day of the deal his first trade didn't go as planned and he ended up short on funds. He alerted me before I left for the meet. He had told me up front about the contingency so I did not hold it against him. The only thing that has changed for me is that many of the prices have fallen, so the stuff I had to sell I couldn't sell for what I needed. But thats supply and demand.

d28ede1e95cf712081307af9aa42146e--hee-haw-saturday-night.jpg

Straight-out of Cumming Ga. ;0)

Back
Top Bottom