• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trading......I’m DONE!

Glockchild

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
40   0
Reaction score
First, I’ll start out by saying I’m not much of a trader, but rather a buyer. With that being said, I feel like I am fair and will listen to reasonable offers. Over the years I have tried to trade on many on many occasions, but with no success.

I know this has been covered before, but how in the world is something for sale for a certain price, then it gains $100 - $300 in value for a trade. This defies the basic laws of economics. If people were honest, they wouldn’t have “pad’ the value.

Next, why is what I am offering for trade always worth way less than what is being traded? Maybe they have to have the upper hand, show dominance, one up you.....who knows.

Finally and this is really Hilarious, why is most of the trade items so limited and extremely specific to benefit the person with the item for trade. Example, I have a rare Glock 19X for trade (the only thing that makes it rare is that person was the owner). Trade for a Wilson Combat CQB 5in 1911 Stainless frame, brushed polished only, walnut grips with stainless only grip screws, ambi safety with short only levers, reversed cut take down lever, with black slide, cursive only text......you get the point. Oh, I forgot to add “will add a little cash, let me know what you got”. REALLY, I MEAN REALLY! Would you go to McDonalds to get a Big Mac, then drive to Five Guys to trade?

So at the end of this, I know things will not change! So the lesson I learned, just go and buy what you want because life is too short to play childish games.

First, I’ll start out by saying I’m not much of a trader, but rather a buyer. With that being said, I feel like I am fair and will listen to reasonable offers. Over the years I have tried to trade on many on many occasions, but with no success.

I know this has been covered before, but how in the world is something for sale for a certain price, then it gains $100 - $300 in value for a trade. This defies the basic laws of economics. If people were honest, they wouldn’t have “pad’ the value.

Next, why is what I am offering for trade always worth way less than what is being traded? Maybe they have to have the upper hand, show dominance, one up you.....who knows.

Finally and this is really Hilarious, why is most of the trade items so limited and extremely specific to benefit the person with the item for trade. Example, I have a rare Glock 19X for trade (the only thing that makes it rare is that person was the owner). Trade for a Wilson Combat CQB 5in 1911 Stainless frame, brushed polished only, walnut grips with stainless only grip screws, ambi safety with short only levers, reversed cut take down lever, with black slide, cursive only text......you get the point. Oh, I forgot to add “will add a little cash, let me know what you got”. REALLY, I MEAN REALLY! Would you go to McDonalds to get a Big Mac, then drive to Five Guys to trade?

So at the end of this, I know things will not change! So the lesson I learned, just go and buy what you want because life is too short to play childish games.

I think you have a typo. Shouldn't the Wilson owner be adding the cash? I mean it is a Glock 19X after all. Those stamped parts are assembled by much higher qualified assembly line workers than the gunsmiths at Wilson Combat with only 30+ or years of hand building experience.

171466_0.jpg

I think you have a typo. Shouldn't the Wilson owner be adding the cash? I mean it is a Glock 19X after all. Those stamped parts are assembled by much higher qualified assembly line workers than the gunsmiths at Wilson Combat with only 30+ or years of hand building experience.

View attachment 2579207

OH Yes, thank you for correcting me. I did make a typo.

You must add cash, come to me, and throw in a few things to sweeten the pot.

Back
Top Bottom