Traffic Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
On my way home from a Dr's appt and physical therapy, I got a ticket. There were two cars on my right and I could see a Sheriffs car about 100yds on the right. I stayed in the left lane and about 300yds down the road I look in my rear view and see blue lights. I moved to the right thinking he had a call and had to get there. He pulled behind me and when he came to the window he said, "I got you at 69 in a 45. I couldn't believe it, but didn't argue the point.
He tries to lecture me on being safe and so on. When I got home I looked up the citation he wrote. It was completely wrong. He had code violation 40-6-181 which is 34mph over the speed limit. I have to go to court in July. The fine is $700.00 and God knows what else.
It's strange because that morning I had just put my radar detector in this vehicle because I was selling my other one. The radar detector didn't make a peep if he hit me with a Laser.
Well I guess I will have to plead my case to the Judge. Any suggestions?

"I got you at 69 in a 45"..... When I got home I looked up the citation he wrote. It was completely wrong. He had code violation 40-6-181 which is 34mph over the speed limit. I have to go to court in July. The fine is $700.00 and God knows what else...... Any suggestions?
On Tuesday contact the DA's office and point out that math is hard and the officer clearly was in error.... Offer to pay a MUCH lesser fine.

Don't drive 24 miles over the speed limit. Slowing down when you saw the Cop might have saved you.

OCGA 40-6-181 is the statute for speeding in Georgia.

Call the court and point out the math error - you might get a break on the fine. Contest the citation at your appearance.

If all else fails, Pay the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom